IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
You do realize you have no clue about what you are talking about huh? :p

tenor.gif

Were you dropped at child birth?

Guess that makes two of us, or rather, one of us. I’ll continue to drive my car unencumbered. If I get time tomorrow, I’ll call the EPA and the ISP and give you the names of the agents I speak with that verify my knowledge.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I believe Jack and Jason are correct, it's technically not legal to disable Start/Stop permanently.

FWIW, that makes me a criminal too. :D

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Oh I absolutely capitulate I'm an asshole, however, you sir are "perfectly" something else huh?

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/10/20151007-vw.html

https://theicct.org/sites/default/files/publications/ICCT_defeat-devices-reg-briefing_20160322.pdf

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/mailouts/ecars1703/ecars1703_atta.pdf

Service $22

I believe Jack and Jason are correct, it's technically not legal to disable Start/Stop permanently.

FWIW, that makes me a criminal too.
mrgrin.gif

-Uwe-

LOL you outlaw!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I get time tomorrow, I’ll call the EPA and the ISP and give you the names of the agents I speak with that verify my knowledge.
"Advice" given over the phone is worthless. Get it in writing. :)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
"Advice" given over the phone is worthless. Get it in writing. :)

-Uwe-

Wise words! :rolleyes:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kawzx7

If I get time tomorrow, I’ll call the EPA and the ISP and give you the names of the agents I speak with that verify my knowledge.

Yeah bullshit, if it is, it will be a "perfect" forged instrument, huh?

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
I don’t need to get whack a doodle theories debunked in writing (this excludes Jason). Jack just keeps info bombing with NO LAWS cited. That is because there are none. I know my state laws on brake lights, I’ve driven hundreds of thousands of miles without a third brake light, and even had cops behind me! The horror!

The stop/start is a manufacturer derived solution to pass CAFE regs, but NO LAW exists on their permanent disconnection. Full stop.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I don’t need to get whack a doodle theories debunked in writing (this excludes Jason). Jack just keeps info bombing with NO LAWS cited. That is because there are none. I know my state laws on brake lights, I’ve driven hundreds of thousands of miles without a third brake light, and even had cops behind me! The horror!

The stop/start is a manufacturer derived solution to pass CAFE regs, but NO LAW exists on their permanent disconnection. Full stop.

You didn't read the CAA or CARB yet huh on defeat devices or read aforementioned links and I already proved the third brake light is indeed a Federal law, why would you want to delete a light that might save a rear end up your ass?

Let me see if I can question this right.....hmmm?

Apparently you have heard of the acronym or word CAFE, however, grossly misunderstand it & only that in order to qualify for CAFE benefits & when used unilaterally with EPA/CARB and NHTSA, by conformity applications which are to be affirmed and certified to & with the use of the aforementioned AECD's & safety or sub climate systems etc. are indeed part of the component to get a CAFE credit & in exchange for additional useful life warranties provided & the GHG guaranteed reduction promised, no, is that right?

I’ll get the contacts so you can speak with them yourself. How do you suggest you look like a fool? Silently by not posting or standing up like a man and telling the group I’m right?

Get it done in emails and we will FOIA them and post here, okay?

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
You didn't read the CAA or CARB yet huh on defeat devices pr read aforementioned links and I already proved the third brake light is indeed a Federal law, why would you want to delete a light that might save a rear end up your ass?

Let me see if I can question this right.....hmmm?

Apparently you have heard of the acronym or word CAFE, however, grossly misunderstand it & only that in order to qualify for CAFE benefits & when used unilaterally with EPA/CARB and NHTSA, by conformity applications which are to be affirmed and certified to & with the use of the aforementioned AECD's & safety or sub climate systems etc. are indeed part of the component to get a CAFE credit & in exchange for additional useful life warranties provided & the GHG guaranteed reduction promised, no, is that right?

Get it done in emails and we will FOIA them and post here, okay?

Ok, so I have my answer. You’ll dance around the subject. Fine. I’ll still verify no laws have been broken by myself. Indiana states one working brake light, so I’m safe there. I’ll just get the ISP info line to verify that for you.

EPA agent will be ID’d as best possible, then it’s in your court. If they cite a federal law, I’ll own up, but there isn’t one against me disabling sheet regarding auto S/S. I’ll bet you’re one of those [people] that thinks daytime running lights are law.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ok, so I have my answer. You’ll dance around the subject. Fine. I’ll still verify no laws have been broken by myself. Indiana states one working brake light, so I’m safe there. I’ll just get the ISP info line to verify that for you.

EPA agent will be ID’d as best possible, then it’s in your court. If they cite a federal law, I’ll own up, but there isn’t one against me disabling sheet.

Again Service $22 no?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/40/86.1803-01

[h=1]40 CFR § 86.1803-01 - Definitions.[/h]
rev | next
§ 86.1803-01 Definitions.
The following definitions apply to this subpart:

Mild hybrid electric vehicle
means a hybrid electric vehicle that has start/stop capability and regenerative braking capability, where the recovered energy over the Federal Test Procedure is at least 15 percent but less than 65 percent of the total braking energy, as measured and calculated according to 40 CFR 600.116-12(d).

Pardon me I just made a GHG

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You spew more shit than a racehorse with diarrhea. By the way, my scan came back perfect. How is it I’m gonna blow my engine again?

Dude start/stop systems have been around a long time even in locomotives for CAA & as an AECD.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I need the hallucinogens you’re taking, they seem fun.

So you still believe that the Start/Stop is not an AECD?

Did you read about Service $22 yet?

Is it "perfectly" understood now?

Only the best man, all in good fun, just don't double down on something and advise people before you know what the fuck you are talking about, no?

There it is, another homemade GHG loud and foul and with I'm sure some particulate matter this time, I guess I'll have to change the filter?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
“Again” meant your horseshit post that my tune would blow my engine, so “again” how’s a clean scan gonna result in a blown engine?

Stop wearing your heart on your sleeve already, can't you see I shared what I made with you?

Don't take things to heart I'm just an asshole most times and because I care!

Now fix your third brake light & before some schmuck hits you in that pile in the rear.

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
So you still believe that the Start/Stop is not an AECD?

Did you read about Service $22 yet?

I’ll have that info for you tomorrow. Feel free to call tha numbers, speak to the agents, and give us your admission you’re wrong or dance around like a Democratic politician and act like you’re right.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I’ll have that info for you tomorrow. Feel free to call tha numbers, speak to the agents, and give us your admission you’re wrong or dance around like a Democratic politician and act like you’re right.

No numbers or names get it in emails to FOIA so its a real record of your EPIC FAIL or it never happened & I already pointed you to the CFR definitions & CARB PDF page.

I never said you broke shit, but saying something is & what was the word, oh yeah "perfectly" legal & when it isn't, is an entire other thing, now isn't it?

Frustrated with my questions? :p

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
How is it illegal? Is it an emissions control device? Last I checked, those were the only ones protected.
Yes, it's an emissions control device.

I disabled my third brake light to keep my car “old school”. Illegal? Absolutely not, in Indiana. Maybe some POS state it might be, but it’s not Fed.
FMVSS absolutely requires it, at least at time of manufacture. As for operation in any given state once you've purchased it, you may be technically correct.

You may wish to consult this document about the real world benefits: https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/chmsl_complete.pdf I suspect the benefit may be even greater, if my guess is correct and you have tinted or smoked your primary brake lights, hard to tell.

You may also wish to consult your insurance carrier. If someone rear-ends you, they would ordinarily be at clear fault. Right up until they, or someone nearby, has a dashcam rolling. At which point there will be a very interesting discussion between their insurance carrier, which can now assign partial blame to you, and your insurance carrier, which may have some coverage exceptions for gross or willful negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back