Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuhel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368132
hi guys, is it possible to permanently delete this annoying stop start on seat ibiza 6f?
i did read somewhere change voltage to 12.1, dont want to risk it without asking here , thanks

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Setting the lower voltage limit or the temperature limits should work like in other MQB-alike cars.

J2 auto

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=372869
hi from my knowledge this is normally done in the engine ecu software by a tuner as all my other attempts where unsuccessful and it always comes back on

please post a auto scan

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
hi from my knowledge this is normally done in the engine ecu software by a tuner as all my other attempts where unsuccessful and it always comes back on

please post a auto scan

Well, you did it wrong, trust TBAx and all of us who’ve done at least the voltage method, it works. I set mine to 7.6 v, though values as low as 12.0V have been reported to work.

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
I set mine to 7.6 v, though values as low as 12.0V have been reported to work.

In my car 7.6 volts is the default value from the factory (and auto stop/start works). Therefore if battery voltage drops below 7.6v during start, the system believes your battery is not good enough for auto stop/start.
All car batteries drop below 12 volts during cranking. This is why setting the stop/start voltage limit to 12v disables the auto stop/start system. The car believes that the battery is not strong enough to safely allow auto start/stop.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. On my car this start/stop voltage limit adaptation channel is in the CAN gateway.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
just buy the small interface on the bay that will press the button for you every time you switch IGN on.

it can also be "ghosted" if you bring the car in for service.

it is against the law to permanently disable S&S because you would be cheating emission regulations.

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
just buy the small interface on the bay that will press the button for you every time you switch IGN on.

it can also be "ghosted" if you bring the car in for service.

it is against the law to permanently disable S&S because you would be cheating emission regulations.

I cannot say for UK, but in US it’s perfectly legal.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I cannot say for UK, but in US it’s perfectly legal.
In the UK it's legal too, so long as the emissions test is passed at MOT time (which is will easily even with stop/start disabled as it's only measured with the engine running!!!).

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Are you saying I’m a scofflaw? Even better! :-)

Either that, or you’re parsing words.....hmmm.....
There is a bit of a gulf between "perfectly legal" and "extremely unlikely to be caught and prosecuted". ;)

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You might want to Google "defeat device".

+5 Jason! ;)

Disabling SS is indeed illegal in the USA and would be absolutely qualified as a "defeat device", further carrying a trebled fine of around 37K trebled + offset for inflation factor of many other mandatory non discretionary penalties or laws & in the UK according to regulations as read when failing to comport or aid & abed in such behavior, no?

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
+5 Jason! ;)

Disabling SS is indeed illegal in the USA and would be absolutely qualified as a "defeat device", further carrying a trebled fine of around 37K trebled + offset for inflation factor of many other mandatory non discretionary penalties or laws & in the UK according to regulations as read when failing to comport or aid & abed in such behavior, no?

How is it illegal? Is it an emissions control device? Last I checked, those were the only ones protected.

I disabled my third brake light to keep my car “old school”. Illegal? Absolutely not, in Indiana. Maybe some POS state it might be, but it’s not Fed.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
How is it illegal? Is it an emissions control device? Last I checked, those were the only ones protected.

Did you ever read the CAA I suggest you do?

It's illegal unless with exemption, you have an exemption from the administrator at the EPA?

It is considered an AECD.....

I disabled my third brake light to keep my car “old school”. Illegal? Absolutely not, in Indiana. Maybe some POS state it might be, but it’s not Fed.

Also illegal, have you read the Fast Act or asked NHTSA?

Did someone say Federal? :p

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.108

High mounted stop lamp1 Red, or 2 red where exceptions apply. See Section 6.1.1.2On the rear including glazing, with the lamp center on the vertical centerline as viewed from the rearNot less than 34 inches except for passenger cars. See Section 6.1.4.1Steady burning.
Must only be activated upon application of the service brakes or may be activated by a device designed to retard the motion of the vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
Did you ever read the CAA I suggest you do?

It's illegal unless with exemption, you have an exemption from the administrator at the EPA?

Also illegal, have you read the Fast Act or asked NHTSA?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.108

High mounted stop lamp1 Red, or 2 red where exceptions apply. See Section 6.1.1.2On the rear including glazing, with the lamp center on the vertical centerline as viewed from the rearNot less than 34 inches except for passenger cars. See Section 6.1.4.1Steady burning.
Must only be activated upon application of the service brakes or may be activated by a device designed to retard the motion of the vehicle.

The CAA I’ll look into. The latter, I’ll refer you to Indiana code.

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
The CAA I’ll look into. The latter, I’ll refer you to Indiana code.

It may be illegal to not equip by the manf , but I find no notice that disabling by the user is illegal, it’s like the tag on your mattress.

Else these anti S/S devices would be federally banned, no maroon here. And the latter, again, I’ll refer you to Indiana code.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009

Never.

So, I see you’ve conceded the anti S/S horsedook.

Now on to your last link,

Federal law mandates that all vehicles have the third brake light outfitted within the car. Additionally, the third light must be comparable to the other brake lights on the vehicle so that it is not distracting to the drivers behind the vehicle.

Great statement. Doesn’t tell me anything about if it burns out or if I remove it. Why? No penalty, because no foul. You may think so, but I’ll stick with my freedom.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Never.

So, I see you’ve conceded the anti S/S horsedook.

Now on to your last link,

Federal law mandates that all vehicles have the third brake light outfitted within the car. Additionally, the third light must be comparable to the other brake lights on the vehicle so that it is not distracting to the drivers behind the vehicle.

Great statement. Doesn’t tell me anything about if it burns out or if I remove it. Why? No penalty, because no foul. You may think so, but I’ll stick with my freedom.

You do realize you have no clue about what you are talking about huh? :p

perfectly legal.

tenor.gif

Were you dropped at child birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back