Convenience module coding

sticky 491

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=308823
I’m having to have the module replaced at a AUDI dealer , there saying the server has gone down and can’t code it at the moment till it’s fixed, so is that correct that they can only code it online and it has to be coded anyway and not just fitted

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I’m having to have the module replaced at a AUDI dealer , there saying the server has gone down and can’t code it at the moment till it’s fixed, so is that correct that they can only code it online and it has to be coded anyway and not just fitted
Might help to know what vehicle you have :thumbs:

The dealer tool will likely read the VIN and then ask the mothership servers what the vehicle configuration is and what the correct coding is for the modules in that vehicle (assuming it is as it left the factory with no retrofits...) - so no mothership connection = they cannot code the module.

Most modules need to be coded to match the vehicle and its configuration.

sticky 491

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=308823
Coding module

Might help to know what vehicle you have :thumbs:

The dealer tool will likely read the VIN and then ask the mothership servers what the vehicle configuration is and what the correct coding is for the modules in that vehicle (assuming it is as it left the factory with no retrofits...) - so no mothership connection = they cannot code the module.

Most modules need to be coded to match the vehicle and its configuration.

It’s an A4 B8 2014, they kept saying the server was down and couldn’t recode a new one, so I presume there correct then ?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
It’s an A4 B8 2014, they kept saying the server was down and couldn’t recode a new one, so I presume there correct then ?

Isn't this Incorrect speculation, offline coding identity or VIN/Immobilizer or CP alignments are always indeed possible & for all modules?

Is it not a matter of course you must have the correct security clearance, this helps too and or make enough noise & so that any VAG/AUDI franchise will react or corporate will consider you to be of importance?

JPPSG

Post an auto-scan......pitch your bitch!

sticky 491

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=308823
Isn't this Incorrect speculation, offline coding identity or VIN/Immobilizer or CP alignments are always indeed possible & for all modules?

Is it not a matter of course you must have the correct security clearance, this helps too and or make enough noise & so that any VAG/AUDI franchise will react or corporate will consider you to be of importance?

JPPSG

Post an auto-scan......pitch your bitch!

I can’t put a scan up as they still have my car, they say the server had gone down which is my query do they have to use online. coding as that’s what they seem to be doing,

sticky 491

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=308823
The OEM have the ability to do offline and online.......

The cars not at an Audi dealer but approved one, they service department recon that they could connect to the Audi server which raised my concerns

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
The OEM have the ability to do offline and online.......
IF the technicians have been properly trained - it's not uncommon for dealers in the UK to claim that their tools ONLY work in online mode - which is simply not true (as we know).

Reactions: Uwe

sticky 491

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=308823
IF the technicians have been properly trained - it's not uncommon for dealers in the UK to claim that their tools ONLY work in online mode - which is simply not true (as we know).

They are supposed to be trained yes, shall question it when I see the £750 bill !

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

They are supposed to be trained yes, shall question it when I see the £750 bill !

giphy.gif

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Uh, since when can ODIS do Immo or CP matching without contact with FAZIT? Isn't that the entire foundation of the security model? If they could do it offline, why do you need online?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Uh, since when can ODIS do Immo or CP matching without contact with FAZIT? Isn't that the entire foundation of the security model? If they could do it offline, why do you need online?

It can as could VAS for offline functions & if you have security access & string data for manual entry.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It can as could VAS for offline functions & if you have security access & string data for manual entry.
Yep, in principle, someone from corporate can give you what you need over the phone and it can be manually entered. But corporate will generally deny that this is possible.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yep, in principle, someone from corporate can give you what you need over the phone and it can be manually entered. But corporate will generally deny that this is possible.

-Uwe-

Yeah like denying an MIL can be caused by the ABS via call up too!

Filthy, filthy liars!

Back