Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface.

Dukedesmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288946
Picked up a new Audi Q2 today for the Wife, whilst acquainting myself with the car this evening I ran an autoscan which completed and gave me information, however after every module/report I get an 'Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface.' warning.

Presumably this is too new a vehicle for my HEX+CAN cable to properly read and to do it properly would require a new cable of some type?

Not looking to do any diagnostics as, being new it is under warranty and will go to the dealer for any intervention but would like to be able to make minor changes if possible, such as - autolocking doors when driving (option not available from car?), closure of tailgate from key/driver's door button, enable 'memory' of stop/start etc.

Not sure if these are things that can even be coded on this car? in which case maybe not worthwhile upgrading.

Happy to buy a new cable but if need be but I understand the new ones are limited to a small number of vehicles and I now have 4 Audi/VW in the 'stable' (3 of which I do use VCDS for diagnostics) plus would like to keep the option to use on others if required (although not commercially).

Advice/thoughts?....

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
I don’t know about the first two, but since a Q2 is an MQB car, its a definite no on the stop-start.

Dukedesmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288946
OK, not a big problem as it's a manual and so only stops if in neutral and clutch out and the Wife rides the clutch so will hardly ever stop. Unlike my (auto) S4 that would cut out at the most inopportune moments until I 'fixed' it.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, 2019 requires a new cable. Current interfaces come with 3, 10, or Unlimited VIN licenses. A 3-VIN license can always be upgraded to 10, and likewise, a 10 can be upgraded to Unlimited. If you presently have four cars, I'd suggest getting a 10-VIN license. More details on VIN-Limited licensing here.

Ross-Tech can do a trade-in upgrade for you from a HEX+CAN to a 10-VIN HEX-V2 for $149. See this page. However, that would require shipping stuff across the Atlantic both ways. The distributor you purchased from in the UK may also be able to offer you something. Lastly, you could sell your HEX+CAN yourself and put the proceeds toward a new one. Used HEX+CANs still bring a very good price on eBay if they're presented correctly. Key phrases are "Genuine Ross-Tech" and "Unlimited VINs".

-Uwe-

Dukedesmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288946
OK thanks, for the time being I have no real need to use VCDS on this car especially that I now discover the doors do auto lock on driving and that start/stop memory is not programmable anyway but I'll consider upgrading when/if necessary.

As an aside, is the auto scan I did worth posting to the scan section? - It has the 'Unsupported Vehicle' warning after each module but otherwise appears to show the relevant information regarding said module.

Reactions: Uwe

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Yup, it' always good to know the codings, part numbers and ASAM IDs for any given car. It might be missing a couple modules but that's alright.

Back