Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: VCDS Options - Your choice of what to buy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I don't understand what you are asking. Can you re-phrase?
    That link says that for initial purchase a 3-VIN version of the HEX-NET is NOT available, neither is an unlimited VIN version of the HEX-V2.

I guess the question is what upgrades are available? Specifically, can the HEX-V2 be upgraded to unlimited VIN? A question which I believe is answered here https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/upVIN

2. Likes Eric, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    That link says that for initial purchase a 3-VIN version of the HEX-NET is NOT available, neither is an unlimited VIN version of the HEX-V2.
    Correct.
    • It would not be economically viable for us to offer the HEX-NET at a price commensurate with a 3-VIN license, so the HEX-NET starts at 10 VINs.
    • We would prefer those who need an Unlimited VIN license (generally repair shops or other "professional" users) to purchase a HEX-NET rather than a V2. Hence we do not offer an Unlimited-VIN HEX-V2 directly.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    I guess the question is what upgrades are available? Specifically, can the HEX-V2 be upgraded to unlimited VIN? A question which I believe is answered here https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/upVIN
    Correct, it can. A 3-VIN HEX-V2 can be upgraded to 10-VINs. Any 10-VIN interface (a HEX-NET or HEX-V2, including a HEX-V2 that started life as a 3-VIN and has already been upgraded to 10-VINs) can be upgraded to Unlimited. The cost for each VIN upgrade is $169.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post