VCDS Options - Your choice of what to buy!

random1

Reaction score
Yes, VCDS-Mobile will work with any modern browser.

However, VCDS-Mobile should probably not be regarded as a full-function substitute for VCDS.

Of course, the HEX-NET also works with VCDS.

-Uwe-

Why not? What do I give up?

random1

Reaction score
The data in VCDS-Mobile may not be as up-to-date. Whether this is important depends on what car you have.

Some functions in VCDS-Mobile require internet connectivity. VCDS does not.

See also:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Functions

-Uwe-

Great, thanks. I'll more or less always have internet connectivity, my garage catches my wifi. I'll be using it for: '15 GTI, '14 T-reg, '17 Tiguan, and possibly buddy's '16 Q5. Obv want to be able to run scans, but also some of the usual tweaks and settings. I'm a newbie to this.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, with cars that new, I would recommend having some sort of PC to run VCDS on, even if it's just a $100 cheap thing, or a Windows install using Bootcamp on your Mac.

-Uwe-

random1

Reaction score
The data in VCDS-Mobile may not be as up-to-date. Whether this is important depends on what car you have.

Some functions in VCDS-Mobile require internet connectivity. VCDS does not.

See also:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Functions

-Uwe-

OK - so worst case then, I'll still have full functionality if I connect to a Windows PC if need be? Otherwise *most* functionality via VCDS Mobile? I can totally live with that.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK - so worst case then, I'll still have full functionality if I connect to a Windows PC if need be? Otherwise *most* functionality via VCDS Mobile? I can totally live with that.
Correct, you can use VCDS running on a PC with your HEX-NET, and connect either via USB or via WiFi.

-Uwe-

Gavinfla

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Thanks and happy to be part of your forum. I finally decided to come over to the Ross-Tech diagnostic instrument and thinking of purchasing Ross-Tech interface. Now its just a matter of picking the right one, it's only going to be for the 3 vin. I not failure with all the makes of Volkswagen cars and want to be sure my engine code for my car is in the list. I just returned a VCDS scanner because I couldn't find my engine code for my VW GTI 2012 TSI 2.0 L, I believe my engine code is AJ2C. I ended up having to using a AJ code, but it wasn't a TSI vehicle. I did find some VAG errors with ABS sensor in the left rear wheel. Replace the sensor, but error was still present and couldn't reset or erased it using the scanner, (not allowed) I don't want to spend 199$ and getting the same results.
So far from what I've read on your forum I see serious & intelligent responses and lots of genuine support. But before I buy I want to be sure when I select auto scan my vin number will turn up with my engine code. Even though I'm good for 3 vin's, it's only for my one car.

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I just returned a VCDS scanner because I couldn't find my engine code for my VW GTI 2012 TSI 2.0 L
What scanner did you have?

VCDS does not need or ask you to enter an engine code.

-Uwe-

Gavinfla

Reaction score
Hi Uwe, The scanner was the Foxwell NT1500

Gavinfla

Reaction score
Hi i thought i answrred your question but i didn't use reply to your post. I guess i was asking about chassis code for mk6 is AJ and when I go through the list I don't see Golf GTI, is there a reason why that is. Or can you tell me what i would pick to do the correct scan using the hex-v2?
Thank for your help, i want purshase the right interface

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On an Mk.5 or newer car, all you need to do a proper scan is "Auto-Detect". VCDS will figure it out from there.

-Uwe-

Janos

Reaction score
Hi ,

Before I buy this product : https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV2U.html let me have a question.

My friend going to buy this for me who lives in England and he's gonna pay with his credit/debit card. When he receives the package he's gonna forward it to me to Hungary and then I will register it with my computer first time .

I think it should be o.k. according to 3.10 here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_3.php ,so it does not count as a resell or does it ?

I hope it won't make any complication in the registration process either.

Thank you ,

Janos

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi ,

Before I buy this product : https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV2U.html let me have a question.

My friend going to buy this for me who lives in England and he's gonna pay with his credit/debit card. When he receives the package he's gonna forward it to me to Hungary and then I will register it with my computer first time .

I think it should be o.k. according to 3.10 here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_3.php ,so it does not count as a resell or does it ?

I hope it won't make any complication in the registration process either.

Thank you ,

Janos
Since Gendan is a reseller and does not pre-register systems, provided your friend does not register it, you should have no problem.

Beware however, that that it will only be licensed for English language, not Hungarian language.

-Uwe-

Janos

Reaction score
Beware however, that that it will only be licensed for English language, not Hungarian language.

I definitely want to use it in English.

Thank you for your help .

bouchach1980

Reaction score
hi i plan to bay hex v2 usb interface 3vin and upgrad to 10 vin if i upgraded to 10 vin ican upgrad to unlimited for ex can use in garage

zade

Reaction score
good day
what exactly do you mean by 3 VIN or 10VIN?
Is it specific to 3 actual VINs or any number of vehicles under the specified VIN type?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back