Introduction

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Our Czech distributor (AutoComSoft s.r.o.) has long had a database of diagnostic procedures. Originally, this was a PC program that could be launched from within their version of VCDS, but it moved to the web a while back. Now it exists in several languages (Czech, English, German, Polish, and Russian). It's available on a subscription basis, €49/year, but the first year is free for registered users of a current Ross-Tech interface (HEX-NET or HEX-V2).

https://diagnostics.vis4vag.com/

Anyway, check it out, and feel free to post feedback or questions in this dedicated forum section.

Note/Disclaimer: vis4vag not a Ross-Tech product, and we're not endorsing it per se, nor do we make any claims regarding the accuracy of the information you will find there.

-Uwe-

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
I'll try it out :)
Can one contribute to that database in any way?

Another question before I hit the "Register" button after entering my Interface details.
Is the amount of data dependent from the language I choose for "Product" (VIS_EN, VIS_DE) or is it the same amount of information and just translated?
The label "Product" in front of that select box confuses me a bit....

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hopefully AutoComSoft will chime in here to answer your questions.

-Uwe-

Mats@MFT

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56967
Hopefully ...or papa bear has to rattle his cage:)

autocomsoft

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56999
I'll try it out :)
Can one contribute to that database in any way?

Another question before I hit the "Register" button after entering my Interface details.
Is the amount of data dependent from the language I choose for "Product" (VIS_EN, VIS_DE) or is it the same amount of information and just translated?
The label "Product" in front of that select box confuses me a bit....

it is not possible to add procedures into this database for anyone else

amount of procedures depends on current phase of translation and you can see it under a title of page "Last actualization: 13.06.2019 | there are 1584 procedures in the database."

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
hmm....... Thanks to RT for introducing this product - I was not aware of the service provided AutoComSoft.

I've been to the website and I've randomly tried a few modules for the Golf mk7 - and I'm puzzled! Now, without intending any offense to either RT, or AutoComSoft I must admit from the outset that I'm a naturally conservative (read, "suspicious") type of person where internet offers are concerned. Excuse my retreat into Latin words, but my normal modus operandi before hitting the "buy" button is caveat emptor!! Which means (for me) that an important determinant in my decision making process is to not proceed unless I fully understand the value proposition for the fee.

So, in terms of the demand-side of the offer (i.e. the fee): and again with no offense intended to Uwe's use of the phrase "first year is free for registered users" - I think that the actual pricing offer from AutoComSoft can be more accurately described as a 50% discount on their normal fee for a minimum commitment for a 2 year period. If the offer was truly "free", registered users could trial the service for the first 12 months without needing to commit to the yearly fee in the second year. Perhaps another way of describing the pricing structure for the service could be -"for registered VCDS users, the fee for the first year is charged at the normal rate with no additional cost for the second year"! Again, I'm not attempting to degrade the (generous) offer from AutoComSoft - I'm just trying to understand the value proposition for the service

So, in terms of the supply- side of the offer (i.e. the service): as I have already said, I've tried a few modules for a mk7 Golf and the hits that I've been able to read seem (I deliberately use the word "seem- because I could be wrong) to be mainly tweak instructions for mods that can be readily sourced freely on the net. Which brings me to my puzzlement: is the service offered unique (or even "obscure") diagnostic processes that are the IP of AutoComSoft, or is the service a meta-data listing of diagnostic procedures that could be found on the net - if the user was prepared to search? For clarity, both these options can be of value to the user - but the options have very different value propositions for the prospective buyer

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So, in terms of the demand-side of the offer (i.e. the fee): and again with no offense intended to Uwe's use of the phrase "first year is free for registered users" - I think that the actual pricing offer from AutoComSoft can be more accurately described as a 50% discount on their normal fee for a minimum commitment for a 2 year period. If the offer was truly "free", registered users could trial the service for the first 12 months without needing to commit to the yearly fee in the second year. Perhaps another way of describing the pricing structure for the service could be -"for registered VCDS users, the fee for the first year is charged at the normal rate with no additional cost for the second year"! Again, I'm not attempting to degrade the (generous) offer from AutoComSoft - I'm just trying to understand the value proposition for the service
I had not seen that. I was under the impression that it was indeed a free trial for one year. I was given a truly free account a while back. I guess I'll try to sign up the normal way now.

is the service offered unique (or even "obscure") diagnostic processes that are the IP of AutoComSoft, or is the service a meta-data listing of diagnostic procedures that could be found on the net - if the user was prepared to search?
Some of it certainly falls into the latter category, but I believe other parts are original / unique.

-Uwe-

autocomsoft

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56999
I had not seen that. I was under the impression that it was indeed a free trial for one year. I was given a truly free account a while back. I guess I'll try to sign up the normal way now.

Right that is really free offer of our services for 1 year without a any commitment. Try and see.

We really don't search information for vis4vag.com on internet. For this purposes we developed special system for extraction of the diagnostic procedures and they are manually developed word by word, day by day

develop_system.jpg

Sorry for the picture in Czech language but I think RT understands ;-)

Jan

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^Jan: thanks for the reply - Yes I'm sure that "RT [does] understand" given that they have been aware of your service for some time now (as I understand from Uwe's posts), but with the greatest respect - that's not the point!!

The knowledge that RT has about your services is not in doubt (in any way whatsoever). What I'm desperately trying to do is to further my own understanding of AutoComSoft's (generous) offer as a prospective new user for a service for which I have absolutely no knowledge (at all).

Please accept that I intend no offense in raising my points - these are purely questions which I believe are reasonable when a new user is invited to "buy" something on the net. I have just revisited your website in an attempt to correct my apparent misunderstanding regarding the pricing structure for your (generous) offer to registered VCDS users.

I have deliberately used the word "buy" in my previous paragraph because I'm still confronting the same dilemma. Again, without any offense - the only way that it appears that I can proceed into your webpage (other than viewing the demo) is to select the "buy" button. I'm then invited (probably the wrong word - perhaps "compelled" might be better) to fill-in a proforma table which besides providing my personal details (very reasonable) also appears to be a commitment to pay AutoComSoft € 49 - again, the only way that I can proceed is to select the "buy" button. Note: this is the second time that I'm reminded that this is an outright purchase. Then- as final confirmation that as a new user I'm "buying" a service - I'm presented with the online purchase page in which I must enter me credit card details. So - 3 x "buy" decisions that I make to proceed into your webpage.

Now, I fully admit that I'm not the brightest penny in the purse and I'm fully prepared to disclose in this forum that the my IQ has been measured to be on the left side of the normal distribution curve (i.e. <100) - but what part of the process that I have described above am I misunderstanding to be a commitment to buy a year's subscription to your service (which I assume can be extended later in the webpage by registering my VCDS dongle details)?

Or, asked in another way (again without intending any offense) - given AutoComSoft's confirmation that the offer to registered VCDS users is truly "free", why is the registration process presented to us as an overt purchase and why does AutoComSoft need our formal commitment to pay the annual fee?

And perhaps most importantly for this free service - why does AutoComSoft need credit card details for a service that is provided to bone-fide VCDS users where there is no charge and where VCDS users make no commitment in subsequent years?

Once again and for absolute clarity - no offense is intended in my asking these questions: these are purely points of explanation asked by a registered VCDS user who is trying to understand the value proposition for a product that seems at face value to be worthy of consideration!

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Don,

Go here:
https://diagnostics.vis4vag.com/

Toward the bottom of the page, there are two buttons: [Log-in] and [Buy]

Click [Login].

On that page below the Log-in fields and button is a section that states:

"Account at vis4vag.com for all valid users of HEX-V2® or HEX-NET® interfaces for FREE!"

And there's a [Get More] button. Click it.

Oh the page that follows, you can register for a free account. You'll need to enter the e-mail that you used to register your HEX-NET or HEX-V2, and its serial number. We made a provision on one of our servers for Jan's server to check that this data is legitimate and matches.

I'm guessing a direct link to that page won't work because there's an obvious session ID that's part of the URL, but you can try the following link that I've stripped the session ID from:
https://diagnostics.vis4vag.com/account/en/login/

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^^Arhh............ that's better!!! It all makes sense now - thanks for the instructions

Don

Reactions: Uwe

grant@gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

This looks interesting and I would like to start recommending it to some UK VCDS Customers (if that is ok).
One small issue before I can promote it, the site does not have a Privacy Policy required under GDPR when collecting any personal data.
If you are asking for name and email, you need to legally explain what you are doing with the information:
https://gdpr.eu/privacy-notice/

Grant.

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Or step by step:
Here we go:

zZtYI82.jpg

3dpMn0a.jpg

1EZudBV.jpg

Last edited:

DiegotheCat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=76260

I hope the lack of contol units for a B8 Bassat gets sorted soon.....

martrobgray

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=361178
GDPR has been done.. Direct link to the free account is:

https://diagnostics.vis4vag.com/en/freelogin

Jan

@Jan autocomsoft

I just tried to register, but the registration page says that my email address is not associated with my Hex-Net. I can confirm I am trying to register with the same email address on vis4vag that I registered my HEX-NET too which is also the same as my forum registration.

Can you please advise how this can be fixed?

Martyn

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Martyn,

That seems to happen sometimes with HEX-NETs, but neither we nor AutoComSoft are sure why.

-Uwe-

StorableComa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219649
Hello,

I'm having an issue with registration. I get an error "4-Wrong interface number". I've double checked and my SN is correct as listed under "About" in VCDS.

Does this offer apply to those of us who received our Hex-Nets via the upgrade program?

Thanks,
Sean

Last edited:
Back