Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Audi A3 2.0 FSI Quattro flashing PRNDS and pressure codes after reset

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're asking if this car is under warranty, it is covered by VW/Audi's 10 year/100,000 mile extended warranty due to DSG issues, but according to the dealer my vehicle was delivered in like 5/2009, so I'm beyond that warranty period l by just a few weeks. Or are you referring to another warranty? Thanks, Joel

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're asking if this car is under warranty, it is covered by VW/Audi's 10 year/100,000 mile extended warranty due to DSG issues, but according to the dealer my vehicle was delivered in like 5/2009, so I'm beyond that warranty period l by just a few weeks. Or are you referring to another warranty? Thanks, Joel

Nope, I couldn't be referring to the useful life warranty and which covers all AECD's for the engine & its SMOG components & in addition to the transmission & anything else that got it it's certification right?

Isn't the ULEV 2 automatically categorized according to regulations & extended with a 15 year and 150K warranty extension when certified as this vehicle is in all 50 states?

Anything which is to cause the MIL to illuminate it and not part of normal maintenance as a result to void a useful life warranty & indeed your MIL does illuminate as indicated in scan data, than this would be covered by such a useful life warranty right, so why is it that the dealer has not already corrected this under such coverage for their obligation?

So when was the MIL first documented at the dealer?

See why auto-scans are in fact evidence for later & when posted here & that's dated and time stamped?

How come your TCU and ECU are of not the latest software releases & were you advised as such by the dealer or OEM?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-30-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your input.
    Nope, I couldn't be referring to the useful life warranty and which covers all AECD's for the engine & its SMOG components & in addition to the transmission & anything else that got it it's certification right?
    Sorry, I don't understand. Is there some warranty on my car that I'm not aware of? Regardless, my understanding is this DSG issue is not only out of the scope of the 10 yr/100K warranty, but I voided any warranty on this transmission by failing to perform the 40K service fluid change on time. I only have documented proof of a service at 37K miles.

So when was the MIL first documented at the dealer?
    About two weeks ago.

How come your TCU and ECU are of not the latest software releases & were you advised as such by the dealer or OEM?
    I don't know. I was having service done by me or an independent shop for the last several years. I certainly wasn't advised two weeks ago by the dealer of any needed software upgrades. I can inquire if it might help solve my issue.

Thanks for your input, Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I don't understand. Is there some warranty on my car that I'm not aware of? Regardless, my understanding is this DSG issue is not only out of the scope of the 10 yr/100K warranty, but I voided any warranty on this transmission by failing to perform the 40K service fluid change on time. I only have documented proof of a service at 37K miles.
    Recommended in writing or mandatory in writing from the OEM & how did they void it, they are required to be specific and in writing?

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=19538&flag=1

GOD loves carry overs and laziness to open up someones liability to be extended now doesn't he & with no ADR?

FACT:
    A Useful life warranty, is a warranty certified and guaranteed to you for certain length or time/mileage & in addition to the one you aforementioned, additionally is provided by the OEM & is in direct exchange for the OEM to receive a monetary benefit from the US GOV and CARB or by means of your tax money paid vicariously, in exchange for making technology available that claims to reduce GHG's.

I don't know. I was having service done by me or an independent shop for the last several years. I certainly wasn't advised two weeks ago by the dealer of any needed software upgrades. I can inquire if it might help solve my issue.

Thanks for your input, Joel
    Also not a reason to void a warranty or useful life warranty, hey did you read the whole JPPSG?

Warranty Enforcement:EPA would like to remind manufacturers that failing or refusing to comply with the terms and conditions of the emissions warranties is a prohibited act under 203(a)(4)(D) of the Clean Air Act and may be subject to a civil penalty of to up $37,500 for each offense.Acts constituting such a failure or refusal shall include, but are not limited to, the following 1) Failure to honor a valid warranty claim,(2) Performance of a warranty repair in a manner which cannot reasonably be expected to allow the vehicle to meet applicable emission standards for the remainder of its useful life(3) Failure of a manufacturer to reimburse a dealer or other designated agent for performance of a warranty repair(4) Charging the vehicle owner for any portion of a valid warranty claim including any related diagnostic fee.(5) Failure of a manufacturer to supply a part necessary to perform a warranty repair within a reasonable period, unless such failure is for a reason not attributable to the vehicle manufacturer or the warranty repair facility (for a performance warranty claim, a manufacturer generally must supply a part necessary to perform a warranty repair within 30 days (40 CFR 85.2111(b)(4)).EPA would also like to remind manufacturers that if a warranty claim is denied, an owner can request a written explanation of the basis upon which the claim is being denied. For a performance warranty claim, failure to notify an owner within 30 days (unless the delay is attributable to the vehicle owner or events which are beyond the control of the vehicle manufacturer or the repair facility) shall result in the vehicle manufacturer being responsible for repairing the warranted items free of charge to the vehicle owner.

Might I suggest a written reason for such a denial & post it here for me to question?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Cost of Diagnostics EPA has received several reports from vehicle owners stating that they were charged for the cost of diagnostics for a warranty claim.The regulations of 40 CFR 85.2106(g) state: “The vehicle manufacturer shall incur all costs associated with a determination that an emission performance warranty claim is valid.” This means the owner cannot be charged a diagnostic fee related to a valid warranty claim.

Hey OP: Did you know that all prior spent money on this like sending out "mech unit" as you aforementioned with inclusion of the cost of a VCDS system interface are reimbursable too?

Sometimes regulation is cool huh?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did see that, just now. Sorry I didn't read all of your sticky before posting. I guess it's important to read ALL of the JPPSG...particularly the LAST entry with discusses this!

Wow Jack, you are blowing my mind here with all the info. Thanks for patiently explaining it. I'm obviously not as experienced as most here so I appreciate the treatment.

To clarify:
    So my car is part of a test group that means it was actually a CARB car, which entitles it to this extended warranty for California emissions even though it was sold in Nebraska?

I'll keep reading, but would you suggest I bring this issue up with Audi of America or with the service manager at the dealership, or EPA?

I had absolutely no idea such regulations existed. Thanks, Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did see that, just now. Sorry I didn't read all of your sticky before posting. I guess it's important to read ALL of the JPPSG...particularly the LAST entry with discusses this!

Wow Jack, you are blowing my mind here with all the info. Thanks for patiently explaining it. I'm obviously not as experienced as most here so I appreciate the treatment.

To clarify:
    So my car is part of a test group that means it was actually a CARB car, which entitles it to this extended warranty for California emissions even though it was sold in Nebraska?

I'll keep reading, but would you suggest I bring this issue up with Audi of America or with the service manager at the dealership, or EPA?

I had absolutely no idea such regulations existed. Thanks, Joel

Isn't this your cars test group here?

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=19538&flag=1

Hey what's this do? :

Test Group: 9ADXV02.03UA
    Applicable Standards: 50-State: Federal: Tier 2 BIN 5 CA: LEV-II ULEV oops did I spill the beans?

I'm just a guy asking valuable questions, right, maybe consult a lawyer and the correct governing agency, the OEM for instant capitulation & after seeing your situation and pervasive statistical pattern are self evident and if the car is 50 state certified with carryovers or as being CARB certified what does that imply?

Additionally, if there were "known defects" and no SMOG or safety recall announced or with ADR you know & as required within 15 days of it being known & the only way to comport and if subsequent to the actual conformity certificate, ummm post application, again with no valid ADR on file per the NHTSA or EPA/CARB via CFR FA or CAA; who's instant liability would that become & by shear defacto widespread lifetime mandated recall?

Could you imagine what I could think of & too ask, if I was even more upset with someone & if they antagonized me?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-30-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A follow up: After speaking to CARB, EPA and Audi of America, my car is not included in any extended useful life EPA 15 year/150 mile warranty. That warranty only applies to cars classifed as PZEV. As pointed out, my car is classified as ULEV with engine group 9ADXJV02.03UA. It looks like Audi did make a PZEV version of my car, but that engine group is listed as 9ADXV02.03PA. Oh so close. I'll be installing new transmission. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    A follow up: After speaking to CARB, EPA and Audi of America, my car is not included in any extended useful life EPA 15 year/150 mile warranty. That warranty only applies to cars classifed as PZEV. As pointed out, my car is classified as ULEV with engine group 9ADXJV02.03UA. It looks like Audi did make a PZEV version of my car, but that engine group is listed as 9ADXV02.03PA. Oh so close. I'll be installing new transmission. Thanks

What was the vehicles authenticated date to start delivery into service when registered or sold, because just to be sure when the clock started ticking?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Audi it was April 2009.