C?ID=5636
I did, have 2 that perform the same way

Integrityautowerks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5636
I have multiple fuel gauges. The issue is the fittings to adapt to the connection. Actually afforded to get pinch pliers. In the mean time I'm trying to get something working but am not letting it stop me from posting on this forum. thank you for patronizing.

both are 6 bar

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I have multiple fuel gauges. The issue is the fittings to adapt to the connection. Actually afforded to get pinch pliers. In the mean time I'm trying to get something working but am not letting it stop me from posting on this forum. thank you for patronizing.

both are 6 bar

And Volume in time to fill a container as specified in RTFB?

cp050422-fuel-pump-to-rail-metal-line-15-18-vw-jetta-mk6-beetle-passat-cpra-06k-127-501-j.jpg

So you are saying a used line like above could not be bought reasonably cheap to do this or hell just undoing the existing line and releasing it to time pump it into container & saved and transferred to a accurate measuring container?

Also couldn't you run high PSI regulated air cheap and safe to rail & to see if it leaks down with injectors cycled and seals again too rule out faulty weak injector spring return, stuck or leaky injectors?

Couldn't you even run distilled water through the injectors & too to do it safe?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Uwe, I do understand there are 2 fuel systems in this fuel system.
I prefer to think of it as a single, two-stage fuel system.

My concern is with blk 103. Bentley states the lift pump should be 6 bar. Mine isn't getting over 2 bar while at idle. The high side is within spec the first 8 min of running, then the high side drops off while the low side is a steady 1.6 bar.
Then I may have missed something in your previous post. Apologies. If the first (low pressure) stage is not producing the pressure it should, we can't expect the second (high pressure) stage to do what it's supposed to.

-Uwe-

Integrityautowerks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5636
I prefer to think of it as a single, two-stage fuel system.

Then I may have missed something in your previous post. Apologies. If the first (low pressure) stage is not producing the pressure it should, we can't expect the second (high pressure) stage to do what it's supposed to.

-Uwe-

Agree, Trying to focus on the lift pump being so far below pressure spec. Working on volume output now...will get back to post results. thx

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Agree, Trying to focus on the lift pump being so far below pressure spec. Working on volume output now...will get back to post results. thx

I know you have hydraulics experience, however, this speaks volumes huh? :rolleyes:

Fluid mechanics all the same stuff?

Integrityautowerks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5636
Videos don't do a great job explaining the principals. Its must simpler to just understand; Pumps displace volume, resistance to flow creates pressure.

Integrityautowerks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5636
I believe I finally found the problem. After getting a pressure gauge on the low pressure hose going into the HPFP tube, the psig matched VAGCOM. So this verified there was a problem with the lift pump. After opening the tank and inspecting the pump I found the suction jet hose DISCONNECTED from the pump. In fact it even separated from the left side fuel sending unit and was just handing loose on the left side of the tank. ALLDATA shows this info and gives troubleshooting procedures.

After reconnecting everything, psig and blk 103 jumped up to 4.5 bar. Engine started up fine and ran for 10 min with no sign of dying. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Had you done your mechanical basics from the beginning this long process never would of happened? :rolleyes:

Integrityautowerks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5636
As stated from the beginning, I inquired on this forum to learn. Too bad the sarcasm is part of the process. My ex-wife used to make the same kind of comments. She knew it all too...just ask her.

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Your wife breaks your nuts huh? :p
Well I'm glad you are learning and was hoping having fun too?
Sometimes the videos are not just for you but if you understood the words as written you wrote in your follow up, we wouldn't be here now.
I find that sarcasm helps people or even me learn.

9x6=54
In elementary school I got it wrong, so teacher humiliated me and made me say it screaming in each classmates face.

Guess what never forgot!

Back