Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fault code 17950

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    J448 pin T121/100 is one of the signal to EGR
    J448 pin T121/101 I cannot find where it goes to.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bent the pin back and took a drive - same fault remained.
    Fault code 17950 and the accelerator pedal gives 41%/14% up to 97%/97% values.
    So Will open the ECU now
    And measure wiring between ECU <-> Throttle and ECU <-> Accelerator pedal

I called the local dealer and the guy was total waste of time - did not know what engine ECU was - not untill I called it a CONTROLLER, then he was onboard. And hang on to the fact that I had cleaned the throttle body a year ago - he told me that they needed to "code" the throttle after that..... I tried to tell that the car did not need "coding" - but it didnt help.
    I called an other dealer and had I nice talk to the customer contact. He told he had a friend who had same problem with throttle - they changed it and for no help, untill they found something wrong with the wiring. They had never sold an ECU to this older modells. Or a pedal sensor for that matter.

Does someone find where the pin T121/101, on the ECU, goes to?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best FOD is induced found FOD!

Tone generator or use WD?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack - I have not bought a tone generator.
    So wiring diagram and folowing the colours is what I have =/
    This problem have been there for years (car bought by our friend in the automn of 2017) - nice of them to leave a note for me .... =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's like finding a beer can inside the air box & it having a note on it saying, "you found the rattle asshole, signed, Westmoreland PA assembly line"!

I'd look it up but I'm busy getting well at the bar & early after mowing the lawns.
    Nice hot day for Kahlua chocolate espresso milk shakes.
    Maybe later today.....
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    FINELLLY - I have understood what you are saying Jack =P
    Kahlua is mmmmmmmmmmm nice =)
    Im from Finland - and we like VODKA (Koskenkorva)!! But Im starting to get too old - so I usually mix myself a drink instead! And the drinks make me hung over for couple of days after....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been looking into a short finder - tone generator - do you have a recommendation on what to get? Not too fancy but still usable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Fluke

Vehicle Identification No. WVWZZZ1JZ3W270756
    Model Golf variant 1,6
    GOLF
    Date of production 10.10.2002
    Model year 2003
    Sales type 1J50E4
    Engine Code BCB
    Transmission Code ERT

FOD checking!

Address 01: Engine Labels: 036-906-034-AZD.clb
    Part No: 036 906 034 DR PASS

The Good, The Bad and the ugly......

T121/101 is unsupported from what I can see and goes no where in engine harness but that doesn't mean that shorting from EGR leg T120/100 to the pin 101 didn't cause a controller problem!

Something dumb could of back fed from D101 too through a component shared on track!

https://i.postimg.cc/5fdXzZ3z/J448-for-Vodka-toast.png?dl=1

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-17-2019 at 06:41 PM.

9. Likes Uwe, Orchid70 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    <3 <3 <3 <3

"J448-for-Vodka-toast.png"... for me?

Hope you didnt have to move more lawn today... hard work - Ive done it, by hand..... to get more place for the "cars".
    Last edited by Orchid70; 06-18-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: saw Jacks dedication first now

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Ive checked for contiunity from ECU to Throttle and from ECU to pedal.
    All good - except the number "220 Earth connection (sender earth), in engine wiring harness"
    I tried to find where all earth connection are - but couldnt find such page. Nor did it help to follow the number "220" line in the wiring diagram.
    I did clean the earth connectors under the battery tray.
    But I did not get any continuity between ECU pin 108 and body.

Last edited by Uwe; 06-18-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Fixed embedded image