Engine control module 01314

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Hi
Just had a problem with my car as the revs were staying high scanned the car and got the engine control module 01314 008 and 004 on the engine the gear box in total around 10 modules had this fault I have now cleared them and it’s back normal it has just been remapped and read this could be the cause think it reads with flashed or remapped

What I don’t get is the same fault in the scan even come up in headlights radio etc are these just sympathy faults because the ecu has been flashed ?

Cheers Matt

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Please post a complete auto-scan for as Uwe would say "context".

Thank you

Maybe ask your tuner why they did a half ass job & by not clearing the fault memories after putting the ECU in programming mode interferes with messages on the network typically?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That's normal after a "tune". While the ECU is in boot-loader mode being flashed, it can't communicate with the other modules in the car and they will set fault codes about it.

A workman-like tuner would clear all those fault codes out before returning the car to the customer, right Jack? ;)

-Uwe-

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
This is what I would thought tbh it was only when I found the revs holding high when slowing down I got in touch with the tuner and he was coming out to look at it . And never heard of it before but I decided to do a scan and found nearly every module with w fault one even down to headlights and radio etc cleared all the faults then I’m back to running fine again

Back