Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a sleeper project

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

I want a sleeper project

Hi folks, not posted in ages as I sold my Tiguan and moved to the UK. Before I moved I started buying bits and pieces to turn the Tiguan into a sleeper, but with the move it stopped.

So I am thinking of starting a project this year to build a Sleeper based on a VW engine So VW, Skoda or Seat. I am not sure to go petrol or diesel and the car options are big.

Interested to know who has done this before and what advice they can share.

Where is this chat best suited in the forum?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffs63 View Post
    Where is this chat best suited in the forum?
    The Bar. Moving this there.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would avoid diesel if you go into London regularly, the Ultra Low Emission Zone charges are high (and in addition to the Congestion Zone charge) - see https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...-emission-zone

The ULEZ will expand further from October 2021 to cover the whole area inside the North & South Circular roads - so it may affect you depending on where in Kent you live and where you work.

4. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diesel won’t be an issue as I never go into London by car or close to it. I was thinking of. 1.9 or 2.0 diesel as an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much work do you want to do... What age vehicles are we talking? How ridiculous can we go?

I keep seeing T5 Transporters and the 5.2 V10 S8s at the damaged car auctions at the same time

It's a bit more complicated than my R32 Touran though... if I ever managed to pull off the T5, I'd probably be divorced

A TTRS powered Tiguan would be fun too.... or a TTRS Touran - nobody expects much of a Touran. Forced induction T5 VR6?

There is a definite need for more VR6's in the world! In China, they have an Atlas with a 2.5L VR6 turbo, called a Teramont.

Here in NZ, there was a guy who shoehorned an Audi 4.2 V8 from a 2005 A8 into the front of a 6N Polo, still driving the front wheels... pretty sure that counts as a sleeper! That's fairly far along the ridiculous scale too
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

7. Likes jyoung8607, PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    Here in NZ, there was a guy who shoehorned an Audi 4.2 V8 from a 2005 A8 into the front of a 6N Polo, still driving the front wheels... pretty sure that counts as a sleeper! That's fairly far along the ridiculous scale too
    How about going even further along the ridiculous scale and fitting the high revving 4.2 V8 from a B7 RS4 (and supercharging it???) - that would be truly awesome

9. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too rediculous. I don’t have a huge garage so that limits space. Welding is ruled out too. Thinking more of getting a car that allows engine to be upgraded and then brakes suspension to match. Not adverse to rebuilding an engine and swapping it and then recoding where needed. Ideal would be something already with a DSG. I was even toying with a VW Caddy as they are cheap. Wife not overly keen having a van on the drive :-)

So not too old, maybe 10 years max.
    Last edited by Griffs63; 06-09-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    How much work do you want to do... What age vehicles are we talking? How ridiculous can we go?
    My dream some years ago was to take an Mk.1 (NAR "Rabbit Diesel") and put a V10 TDI right behind the front seats, driving the rear wheels.

Keep the "Rabbit Diesel" badges on it.

Roll coal, and burn rubber!

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts, NZDubNurd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like this Uwe?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

14. Likes jyoung8607, PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want an AWD jetta with a lambo v10

16. Likes Uwe, Furrner, PetrolDave liked this post