Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HEX-CAN USB Interface not found

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have the same cable and been using it with my 2014 A7 for some years. Yesterday I went to use it with an SQ5 probably about a 2016 model. It had prompted for an update to 19.6 so I had done that however the software didn't recognize the cable. I ended up uninstalling it and going back to 18.2.1 which worked fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
    I think I have the same cable and been using it with my 2014 A7 for some years. Yesterday I went to use it with an SQ5 probably about a 2016 model. It had prompted for an update to 19.6 so I had done that however the software didn't recognize the cable. I ended up uninstalling it and going back to 18.2.1 which worked fine.
    Scratching my head. I've personally done scans on a several cars with 19.6 and a HEX+CAN cable even older than yours.

If it works with 18.2, it's doesn't have munged up USB data like the OP in this thread does. I'm confident his (in the condition he reported) wouldn't work with any version.

You can have different versions of VCDS installed at the same time. Just install them in different folders. My suggestion: Re-install 19.6 in a different folder than your working version and give us more details.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe,

Could you help me in one question?
    Hex can usb genuine last version work very well until the newer cars (ex: 2019 or 2020) or just older cars (ex: 2018, 2017,2016....). Thanks for your support.
    Best regards.
    Breno

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Leguas View Post
    Hi Uwe,

Could you help me in one question?
    Hex can usb genuine last version work very well until the newer cars (ex: 2019 or 2020) or just older cars (ex: 2018, 2017,2016....). Thanks for your support.
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. The HEX+CAN works fine on older cars. There are some compatibility problems with long adaptation channels in some modules starting around 2015, and there are some modules it can't talk to at all starting around 2016/2017. It doesn't work at all starting with 2019 models.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. The HEX+CAN works fine on older cars. There are some compatibility problems with long adaptation channels in some modules starting around 2015, and there are some modules it can't talk to at all starting around 2016/2017. It doesn't work at all starting with 2019 models.

-Uwe-
    Tks a lot!