VW Crafter 2008 2.5 TDI support

grittysoup

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362815
Hi,

I have just purchased a VW crafter 2008 2.5 TDI CR with 72k miles.

I am about to purchase VCDS to hopefully allow us to perform an 'adaptation of carbon mass (after DPF replacement)' - I think that is what is required, after having removed the DPF and cleaning it with Wynns 'Off Car DPF Cleaner'.

Is anyone familiar with this vehicle - and could help me run this routine - as I am unfamiliar with VCDS, I believe 'Security Access' may need to be gained to do this.

I have contacted Ross Tech direct - but tell me they are unfamiliar with this vehicle and to try here.

No engine warning lights are currently lit.

I will also change oil and filters - and believe other 'registers' will need resetting.

The previous owner had problems with DPF clogging due to city driving - and we believe not allowing regens to complete, and/or taking the van for the required motorway run, this is just a suspicion.
As a precaution I have also removed the EGR, cooler and inlet manifold and decoked them.

Thanks

grittysoup

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362815
If I am right and I need to get past Security Access to perform this 'Adaptation' I need some form of code, and this is held within the 'Official Factory Repair Information' ... which can be sought via ErWin VW (row - rest of world).

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We would need to see a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan to be able to tell whether an SA code is needed for your task.

BTW many SA codes are not listed in the official information, they have been "discovered" by fellow owners...

Reactions: Uwe

grittysoup

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362815
Thanks, dongle arrives today, so will post up when its been scanned.

Presume I should post up in the registered users 'car repair support' area of the forum when I am verified.

Reactions: Uwe

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Presume I should post up in the registered users 'car repair support' area of the forum when I am verified.
Yes, Uwe is normally pretty quick changing the status to verified - just make sure you tick the box to check forum status.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, Uwe is normally pretty quick changing the status to verified - just make sure you tick the box to check forum status.
There's no "tick box" per se. For legacy interfaces, there's a "Notes & Special Instructions" field. For a brand-new, current interface, the first registration approval is automatic, and the best bet is to PM me the serial number after registering.

-Uwe-

Back