Post Thanks / Like

So, what’s new in 19.6?

Hmmm 10 characters
    My Auto-Scan is here

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Release 19.6 published 31 May 2019

• Info pending.

Patience, it was out on Friday (late), and it is weekend now.

3. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not "19.5" as it was released 1 day too early?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    People who keep track of our Beta version know much of what's new:
    https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/19-4.php

Quote Originally Posted by _Val View Post
    Why not "19.5" as it was released 1 day too early?
    Actually it was already June 1 in some parts of the world when it was released.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 06-02-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes PetrolDave, Boki Ar, WebCF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Actually it was already June 1 in some parts of the world when it was released.

-Uwe-
    You mean Frodo in New Zealand? Could be :d

I don't know if this is the right topic for it, but working with VCDS the last days brought two things to my attention:

1) Debug logs (Coding and Adp) contain changes that were not accepted due to wrong or missing login or whatever reason for rejection. That is quite confusing when you review these debug logs and wonder why changes where made twice with different original codings. Could it make more sense only include changes that were actually accepted, or is it by intention that not accepted stuff is also logged?

2) Creating CSV maps of units only contain channels that can be read / that are accessible (talking about UDS stuff). Sometimes it is helpful to know that a specific channel is NOT accessible but present in general. Just my two cents....
    Last edited by hadez16; 06-04-2019 at 03:13 AM.

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t flame me, just a question—- do the long coding helpers get updated over time? One would assume you’d start with the 2019 Jetta GLI first. ;-)

I can’t wait to see what Easter eggs are hiding in CE and a few other channels.
    My Auto-Scan is here

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    You mean Frodo in New Zealand?
    Yep! And we have a fair number of Kiwi customers / forum members!

1) Debug logs (Coding and Adp) contain changes that were not accepted due to wrong or missing login or whatever reason for rejection. That is quite confusing when you review these debug logs and wonder why changes where made twice with different original codings. Could it make more sense only include changes that were actually accepted, or is it by intention that not accepted stuff is also logged?
    This has always been so. Those log entries get written when the request is made to the module, before we know whether the request will be accepted or not. I do agree that it would be useful to supplement each entry with status (accepted or rejected, and reason if rejected) after we have that information, but I'm not familiar enough with the that code to say how much effort it would take to implement this.

2) Creating CSV maps of units only contain channels that can be read / that are accessible (talking about UDS stuff). Sometimes it is helpful to know that a specific channel is NOT accessible but present in general. Just my two cents....
    I have mixed feelings about that one.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes hadez16 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yep! And we have a fair number of Kiwi customers / forum members!

This has always been so. Those log entries get written when the request is made to the module, before we know whether the request will be accepted or not. I do agree that it would be useful to supplement each entry with status (accepted or rejected, and reason if rejected) after we have that information, but I'm not familiar enough with the that code to say how much effort it would take to implement this.

I have mixed feelings about that one.

-Uwe-
    Wait, I thought with UDS modules available channels would always show in the map?
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just as a note, 19.1.2 Beta offers update on startup (or with manually checking for updates in Options), but 19.4.0 Beta does not for update to 19.6 (Update check response: "No update is available at this time, Connection time to the server: 1219ms")

The same for first release of 19.6.0: not asking for update to latest "subversion".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just as a note, 19.1.2 Beta offers update on startup (or with manually checking for updates in Options), but 19.4.0 Beta does not for update to 19.6 (Update check response: "No update is available at this time, Connection time to the server: 1219ms")
    Scratching head. It should. Leave it alone for a day and try again.

The same for first release of 19.6.0: not asking for update to latest "subversion".
    That's expected. Fixes in the sub-versions address problems that affect relatively few people, so we're not going to push those to everyone. At some point, there will likely be a 19.6.1 that does get pushed to everyone.

-Uwe-