Thread: Will it or wont it???

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Will it or wont it???

Hi,
    I'm thinking about purchasing a VCDS Hex-V2. I have a VW Transporter T6 and have tried to replace the original head unit with one from another VW Transporter of the same year. The local dealer thought he could remove the restrictive coding but unfortunately in the process we lost all phone ability! (the rest of the functions work ok since they linked it through VW to my car.
    I would really like to be able to use the newer unit but without the phone function it makes it frustrating. When you press the phone button on the unit it says " Phone not available"

Will the Hex V2 be of benefit to me to fix the phone??? which was working perfectly before ????
    Graeme

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRH View Post
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about purchasing a VCDS Hex-V2. I have a VW Transporter T6 and have tried to replace the original head unit with one from another VW Transporter of the same year. The local dealer thought he could remove the restrictive coding but unfortunately in the process we lost all phone ability! (the rest of the functions work ok since they linked it through VW to my car.
    I would really like to be able to use the newer unit but without the phone function it makes it frustrating. When you press the phone button on the unit it says " Phone not available"

Will the Hex V2 be of benefit to me to fix the phone??? which was working perfectly before ????
    Graeme
    It's really difficult to give you a definitive answer to this question without knowing why the phone functionality isn't working. It's possible it's simple matter of it not being coded correctly, but with some of the stuff VW does these days, it's also possible it's more complicated than that and requires some sort of secret handshake with servers aboard the corporate mothership.

Heck, right now, we don't even know what head unit the van originally had and what head until you've retrofit.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not 100% at home with VW's current theft protection schemes but when the dealer removed Component Protection in order to have the replacement radio work at all in your T6, they also wiped the FeC-s from the replacement radio, disabling Bluetooth (and maybe even something else) in your case. No amount of coding with VCDS can get this back to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    I'm not 100% at home with VW's current theft protection schemes but when the dealer removed Component Protection in order to have the replacement radio work at all in your T6, they also wiped the FeC-s from the replacement radio, disabling Bluetooth (and maybe even something else) in your case. No amount of coding with VCDS can get this back to you.
    Does the T6 (really T5.2) actually use Component Protection and FeCs?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Does the T6 (really T5.2) actually use Component Protection and FeCs?

-Uwe-
    Transporter T(whatever) from MY2016 comes with CP enabled radios. Same for Sharan, Caddy and Seat Alhambra.
    Forgot to add Beetle(this was with mib1 from 2015 I think) and scirocco.
    Last edited by golfi_vend; 06-07-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

7. Likes Uwe, Dana, PetrolDave, grant@gendan liked this post