Will it or wont it???

GRH

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking about purchasing a VCDS Hex-V2. I have a VW Transporter T6 and have tried to replace the original head unit with one from another VW Transporter of the same year. The local dealer thought he could remove the restrictive coding but unfortunately in the process we lost all phone ability! (the rest of the functions work ok since they linked it through VW to my car.
I would really like to be able to use the newer unit but without the phone function it makes it frustrating. When you press the phone button on the unit it says " Phone not available"

Will the Hex V2 be of benefit to me to fix the phone??? which was working perfectly before ????
Graeme

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi,
I'm thinking about purchasing a VCDS Hex-V2. I have a VW Transporter T6 and have tried to replace the original head unit with one from another VW Transporter of the same year. The local dealer thought he could remove the restrictive coding but unfortunately in the process we lost all phone ability! (the rest of the functions work ok since they linked it through VW to my car.
I would really like to be able to use the newer unit but without the phone function it makes it frustrating. When you press the phone button on the unit it says " Phone not available"

Will the Hex V2 be of benefit to me to fix the phone??? which was working perfectly before ????
Graeme
It's really difficult to give you a definitive answer to this question without knowing why the phone functionality isn't working. It's possible it's simple matter of it not being coded correctly, but with some of the stuff VW does these days, it's also possible it's more complicated than that and requires some sort of secret handshake with servers aboard the corporate mothership.

Heck, right now, we don't even know what head unit the van originally had and what head until you've retrofit. ;)

-Uwe-

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I'm not 100% at home with VW's current theft protection schemes but when the dealer removed Component Protection in order to have the replacement radio work at all in your T6, they also wiped the FeC-s from the replacement radio, disabling Bluetooth (and maybe even something else) in your case. No amount of coding with VCDS can get this back to you.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not 100% at home with VW's current theft protection schemes but when the dealer removed Component Protection in order to have the replacement radio work at all in your T6, they also wiped the FeC-s from the replacement radio, disabling Bluetooth (and maybe even something else) in your case. No amount of coding with VCDS can get this back to you.
Does the T6 (really T5.2) actually use Component Protection and FeCs?

-Uwe-

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Does the T6 (really T5.2) actually use Component Protection and FeCs?

-Uwe-

Transporter T(whatever) from MY2016 comes with CP enabled radios. Same for Sharan, Caddy and Seat Alhambra.
Forgot to add Beetle(this was with mib1 from 2015 I think) and scirocco.

Last edited:
Back