Weather forecast and condition at Your place

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Every day on TV and newspaper i've seen about bad weather all over the world. There are also pictures that are looking terrifying. :(

B30E1CEB-65AB-44B4-8AEF-BED96D6F049C_w650_r0_s.jpg

Last night we have strong "shower", with temp. about 10-12°C, far below the average for this time of the year. Looking at the radar I see a very large cloudy front, again.

0hOEF0v.jpg

Take a look, small on the top chimney, one sparrow. :)

JtPqPwP.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We had some nasty storms a few days ago at RT HQ, but the forecast does not look too bad:

MXVx5oC.png

-Uwe-

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
We expect very heavy rain in the course of the night. It's a bit strange but this time comes from the south.

3IiNyWb.jpg

KevinBr

Reaction score
I personally use the Met office app and the Google forecast - general but I find accurate. Also use accuweather and Weatherpro and some othe weather sites

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have 5 weather apps on my phone - Met Office, BBC Weather, Yahoo Weather!, The Weather Channel and DarkSky.

It's VERY rare that they agree, but the Met Office is by a long way the most unreliable with the BBC Weather running it a close second for unreliability. I've found Dark Sky is more often close to the local weather where I am (North Devon, UK).

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Windy.com, although not strictly speaking a forecast site, is very cool.

-Uwe-

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
We have an incredibly nice time in October, which lasts. A true Indian summer. :cool: Link.

WMr5c3N.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
We have a saying: if you want to know the weather forcast - just look out of the window...

One thing that makes me think, what with Greta visiting the US and our recent Extinction Rebellion protests; is about CO[sub]2[/sub] and its properties as a 'greenhouse gas'. It's obvious that oxidising any carbon based fuel will produce CO[sub]2[/sub], however, way back when, there must have been MASSIVE amounts of CO[sub]2[/sub] in the atmosphere, for the trees and shrubs to absorb and photosynthesise. Then the trees and shrubs died, to be fossilised into coal and oil that we're burning now.

So I get it that young Earth may have been a lot warmer than it is now. But if it was, sea levels would have been dramatically higher too. (No or little polar ice caps before the Ice Age and thermal expansion of the ocean.) But we have (or had :rolleyes: ) vast coal, oil and gas reserves under the North Sea - and being fossil fuels they had to be growing trees and shrubs, or at least swampy lands, in what we now have as the sea? Even plate tectonics does't really explain that. Hmm, should have paid more attention in Geography at school :eek:

Back