Thread: VCDS 17.8.0 Autoscan problem

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS 17.8.0 Autoscan problem

Hi guys!
    I have a problem with my VCDS 17.8.0. After i go to autoscan and all errors are showing up, after i clear DTC, autoscan is starting again over and over, it won`t stop from autoscanning erros. To stop this, i have to press serveral times ESC.
    What am i doing wrong? I reinstalled the software, i have tested the connection, all good, only autoscan keeps running even after i clear DTC.

Post Thanks / Like
    The version of VCDS you are using is out-of-date, so the first thing to do is download the latest version of VCDS (currently 18.9.1.0 IIRC) from the Ross-Tech website, and try again using that.

3. Likes Eric, Uwe liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    But if i do this, the interface 178 that i have will not work. The VCDS will not recognize the interface and then i`m afraid is going to unregister my interface. Because i had another interface (178) and when i used that with VCDS 18.9 the newest that it is, what it did is unregistered my cable ( at about > status :Unregistered/Unlincesed).

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the problem is with the cable rather than the software or the car. Who did you buy the cable from? Post a pic of the interface.

6. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by claudiuzaharia View Post
    But if i do this, the interface 178 that i have will not work. The VCDS will not recognize the interface and then i`m afraid is going to unregister my interface. Because i had another interface (178) and when i used that with VCDS 18.9 the newest that it is, what it did is unregistered my cable ( at about > status :Unregistered/Unlincesed).
    Ross-Tech has NEVER made an interface with a software version number in it's name. If your cable says 178 on it - it is not a genuine Ross-Tech interface. If you cannot update to the latest version of VCDS, you have a cheap clone interface. The only good fix for this problem is to buy the real thing from Ross-Tech or one of their distributors. Sorry.

Have Fun!

Don

8. Likes Eric, jyoung8607, Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post