Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat B7 new PDC retrofit hiccup

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been my current knowledge that turning on RVC high is solely through the VPS adp. In case of RVC low, its via the coding bit. So, even for RVC high, the RVC low coding bit needs to be set?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have 7N0 RVC module. RVC low is coded to on in 5F.
    Then VPS adaptation becomes optional.
    I'm not sure if this is the 'correct' way to do it but it's the way that I have and it seems to work well.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a few minutes with the patient today and changed PDC coding to that of the example Alhambra. Unfortunately nothing changed...

I'll have another chance in a week or so.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try disabling VPS and coding 5F byte 19?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Did you try disabling VPS and coding 5F byte 19?
    That will have to wait til the next chance.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the meantime, I fortunately remembered VCDS keeps a log of coding changes.

The last PDC coding that had the desired PDC turn off behaviour (but RTCA error occurred) was "0071055051".

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A conclusion to this thread.

I used the "other tool" and reparameterized the module with Passat CC parameters. This reset the coding to zeros. After recoding the annoying behaviour of the PDC not turning off when moving the shifter to P is gone

9. Likes kamold, Uwe liked this post