2018 TIGUAN 9.2 MIB RADIO GOOGLE EARTH.

adema69

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=367333
Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone knows how to get the google earth option in the radio from the navigation. I see some vehicles have the option in views but my car does not. Is this something that is only available with active carnet subscription?

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone knows how to get the google earth option in the radio from the navigation. I see some vehicles have the option in views but my car does not. Is this something that is only available with active carnet subscription?

check that where options should be
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/21526-google-earth-on-pro-nav/
no matter what radio you have
I think is one of activation, and as far as I know VW not have new deal with Google
last year I heard in local dealers that google earth will not be longer available from 2019

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ Spacewalker's point about licensing notwithstanding, my understanding is that the Google app needs additional hardware (it's called the "Premium mobile telephone interface"). It's easy to confirm if your MIB has this interface installed because the escutcheon plate on the J794 housing has an extra slot for the SIM (GSM telephony) card - like this:

NVcZHdX.png

Don

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
I have a 9.2 MIB and ive tried every adaptation channel and combination that i could think off (with a million resets) but no joy. If you enable developer mode you can see with some digging that there is a lot of google references in there, but i think its disabled server-side.

I do know that VW discontinued its license agreement with google about halfway through 2018.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
No, no need built in SIM card
I been use with my MIB 2 (no SIM) , just share internet and all was working,but sold car
I think built IN sim cars is only if you want check fuel level in app, or check if car is lock, light status etc .... or share internet inside without share from mobile phone first

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Spacewalker - OK my bad - I assume that we are talking about the same thing.

So can you describe how you "share internet" to enable Google to superimpose on top-of of the native MIB SATNAV image? I'm intrigued!!

Don

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Enable access point in mobile phone
and connect WAN in MIb unit
find HotSpot - and bingo

then you san search online destination , receive destination from carnet ..and Google Earh was enable if possible

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Enable access point in mobile phone
and connect WAN in MIb unit
find HotSpot - and bingo

Spacewalker: Thanks for the reply, but with the greatest respect for your obvious expertise - I suspect that we are talking different products (notwithstanding the use of the same term "Google-earth" and the common application of the products as a destination tool).

As I understand from your concise instructions (and I admit that my understanding could be wrong) - you appear to be referencing the use of the Goggle -earth facility simply as a product of the internet application (i.e. entirely separate to the native VAG SATNAV facility)

My question was about the overlay of Google-earth information onto the Native MIB SATNAV facility (i.e. as I asked in my post, "superimpose[d] on top-of of the native MIB SATNAV image"). So, the tool in my question fully integrates Google's cadastral photographs into the MIB image and it retains the normal voice/keyboard search/navigation facilities that are embedded into the Audi/VW application like this:

LYGhDns.png

Notice in the screen-shots that it's the same street information in both pictures with Google's cadastral photos as an overlay. So, no need to separately (and manually?) access the internet via WLAN and no need for extraneous peripherals such as Hot-spots.

Now, I make no comment as to whether the additional expense for the facility in my pictures above is worth the price. That question is entirely a matter for how each potential buyer values the features for this option - and everyone's different opinion is valid for that individual. I'm simply pointing out that the integrated telephony interface (and the added SIM slot) in the MIB unit in the picture in my previous post results in a different product to that in your instructions - I think!

And, to extend the product differentiation even further -If all that the driver wants is a bog-standard, plain-simple destination tool with Google's cadastral photos - then hang the expense of a SATNAV enabled MIB - just use a stand-alone mobile phone with a data plan!! These are all different products that appeal differently to different market segments (who value price and features differently, but with the same validity for the individual).

Don

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
I been use MIb 2 with 8" LCD
A nd i know how Google Earth was enable
Without mobile data you can only get satnav .... after mobile data enable - extra option was enable too

you show AUDI screen and system - which is completely different
Dont mix MMI with MIB ... etc .

waste of time

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)

In European cars, this option is gone from months now. It was available on Discover PRO units, but VW informed customers that this option will be discontinued and it happened.

Sometimes, when dealing with Car-Net settings, guys in Poland notice that "checkbox" for this option appears on their View menu of Nav (DP), but it is gone after seconds or it throws an error when trying to enable.

Not sure how it looks on other regions.

Back