Thread: Gauge cluster on with parking lights

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Gauge cluster on with parking lights

Is there any way to set this to on? Taillights are on, DRLS and marker lights are on on this switch setting, so I call it parking lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not possible on a Leopard 2A5.
    On MQB cars its possible.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAx View Post
    Not possible on a Leopard 2A5.
    On MQB cars its possible.
    Good news I have an MQB car. Any suggestions?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ With TBAx's forgiveness for stealing his thunder, one way of doing this is to goto the instrument module @ address hex17 and change ENG125906-ENG126396-Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking light to lds (this directs the algorithm to be determined by the lds position - the rotary light switch, rather than the parking light function)

Don.

PS: can someone tell me why NAR cars don't have the dash lights illuminated with Parking lights only - is it meant to be a prompt for the driver to switch-on the headlights in your DoT rules? Down here, we don't seem to need this additional granny-prompt!
    Last edited by DV52; 05-23-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^ With TBAx's forgiveness for stealing his thunder, one way of doing this is to goto the instrument module @ address hex17 and change ENG125906-ENG126396-Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking light to lds (this directs the algorithm to be determined by the lds position - the rotary light switch, rather than the parking light function)

Don.

PS: can someone tell me why NAR cars don't have the dash lights illuminated with Parking lights only - is it meant to be a prompt for the driver to switch-on the headlights in your DoT rules? Down here, we don't seem to need this additional granny-prompt!
    As always you are bang on. I owe you big time! And yes, I’m guessing it’s more of a nanny thing, but that’s the way we are headed!
    Last edited by kawzx7; 05-24-2019 at 11:06 AM.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post