N80 Solenoid Valve for 2010 A5

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Hello,

I need to replace the N80 valve (037-906-283c) on my Audi A5 Quattro 2.0T. The valve available that is listed as the correct part for my vehicle does not look like the one that is currently installed. It looks like the inlet and outlet are on the same end and oriented at 90 degreed on the new one. The current one has them on either end. Was there a design change to this part? Did someone already replace it with the wrong part?

Thanks,

Greg

Last edited:

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

The part number [037-906-283-C] is listed as a Solenoid Valve (for the intake runner flaps).

The N80 valve part number for a 2010 Audi A5 with a 2,0L CAEB engine should be [06H-133-781-CB].

An N80 valve is designed to flow fuel vapors and will have a lager inlet/outlet ports than a solenoid valve.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Information was found on https://www.partslink24.com

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Yes, this helps a lot! Thanks!

It seems even when a local mechanic looked up the part it also gave him the wrong part number.

I now have the correct part, but another challenge has presented itself.

The hose that leaves the valve is a heat-shrinked, hard plastic tube which I cannot remove without destroying.

Can this be cut and extended with hose, or does the entire piece need to be removed and replaced with hose?

I am sure this is a common issue for DIY folks.

Thanks in advance to anyone with knowledge :rolleyes:

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,,

Glad to help with the part numbers :)

If it was my car and I did not care to make it 100% factory correct, I would use a hose and clamps, the single ear hose clamps add that professional/factory look.

Like these... This is not a product recommendation, just linked these as a reference.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFMKP86

drpeter

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Successfully replaced!

Just need to verify ready status after clearing the codes then off to get a smog certificate.:thumbs:

Thanks again!

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Hmm. I just checked readiness. Everything passed except Evaporative Emissions which says failed or incomplete.

I drove the car to work and back today after the replacement and clearing, about 40 miles total.

Do I still have a problem, or do I just need to log more miles?

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hmm. I just checked readiness. Everything passed except Evaporative Emissions which says failed or incomplete.

I drove the car to work and back today after the replacement and clearing, about 40 miles total.

Do I still have a problem, or do I just need to log more miles?

Cool, glad you were able to replace it, as far as the readiness bits, you could continue to drive the vehicle, may take a while to set, hard to say how long it would take.

or...

You could use VCDS to set readiness, see this link:

Setting Readiness - UDS controllers

or ... you could try to set the one readiness bit by running the [Basic Settings] test [Tank ventilation valve check], use the pull down menu and have the engine warn and idling during the test, wait until the [Finished Correctly] is displayed.

Try this a number of times, if you can not get a pass, check fault codes or try the above and if that fails, let us know what test failed and include an Auto-Scan.

Let us know how this works out for you,

drpeter

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
OK, readiness passed on all listed!

I do have a final question.

My VCDS keeps counting down and telling me I must register within X uses (now down to 3). I do not understand as I believe I am registered already. Is my VCDS going to lock me out? What do I need to do? Or is it just a bluff?

Thanks again!

Greg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My VCDS keeps counting down and telling me I must register within X uses (now down to 3). I do not understand as I believe I am registered already. Is my VCDS going to lock me out? What do I need to do? Or is it just a bluff?
Since you bought it directly from us, it should have been pre-registered to you, and in fact, our server thinks it is, but on rare occasions those per-registrations don't "take" in the interface, so to fix that, please re-register as shown in the first video here:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8824

-Uwe-

Back