Thread: Audi A6 C6 - Issue during handbrake switch replacement

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi A6 C6 - Issue during handbrake switch replacement

Hi,
    I have an 08 A6 Avant 3.2 (pre-facelift). The paint on my handbrake switch was going away, so I decided to replace the switch.
    I replaced in the past the Start/Stop button with a post-facelift looking button, and it worked perfectly. So I bought a post-facelift handbrake switch as well.

I removed the center console and connected the new switch. The connectors were matching perfectly and the back-light turned on, so I went ahead and reassembled the center console.
    But the new switch doesn't seem to be communicating correctly with the car. I got a DTC, the handbrake switched on (sometimes), and never switched off.
    I decided to remove the center console again to try the old switch and ensure that I haven't damaged the wires/connectors during install. The old switch worked without issue.

The Part number for the old switch is 4F1927225B and it is 4F1927225C for the new switch (same part number, different revision).

Does anyone know if some wiring work is needed or has a wiring schematics of the pre-facelift vs post-facelift? Or if I need to reprogram something through VCDS?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matico View Post
    The Part number for the old switch is 4F1927225B and it is 4F1927225C for the new switch (same part number, different revision).
    Different revisions are not necessarily compatible or interchangeable.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.