Thread: Off road display 2019 GLI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Off road display 2019 GLI

So I did all the things prescribed and got an abbreviated off road mode. I am missing the compass and altimeter, and the ability to reorganize the gauges (sliding up/down). They’re fixed. Anything I’m missing, both in vehicle or in practice? Thanks as always for your help!

Chris

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kawzx7 View Post
    So I did all the things prescribed and got an abbreviated off road mode. I am missing the compass and altimeter, and the ability to reorganize the gauges (sliding up/down). They’re fixed. Anything I’m missing, both in vehicle or in practice? Thanks as always for your help!

Chris
    Chris: Hi- we have to stop meeting like this!!!

Without meaning any offense - what part of the following extract from my instructions did you not understand?

"REQUIREMENT: This tweak will only work on MIBII units that have SATNAV installed (don't bother trying if a SATNAV is not present)"

I've had a look at your previously posted auto-scan and I find that Byte 24, Bit 2 on the hex5F module is not set on your car. It suggests (strongly) that your vehicle does not have SATNAV. if my deduction is correct, it could explain your observation (both compass and altimeter are products of SATVAV - and there's probably other important bits in the missing software that's causing the freeze)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Chris: Hi- we have to stop meeting like this!!!

Without meaning any offense - what part of the following extract from my instructions did you not understand?

"REQUIREMENT: This tweak will only work on MIBII units that have SATNAV installed (don't bother trying if a SATNAV is not present)"

I've had a look at your previously posted auto-scan and I find that Byte 24, Bit 2 on the hex5F module is not set on your car. It suggests (strongly) that your vehicle does not have SATNAV. if my deduction is correct, it could explain your observation (both compass and altimeter are products of SATVAV - and there's probably other important bits in the missing software that's causing the freeze)

Don
    I recall that now, my apologies. I did however get three useful gauges out of the deal - one is the oil temperature gage, one is water temperature of something in the vehicle, perhaps the coolant temp or the transmission temp, and the other is the steering angle.
    Last edited by kawzx7; 05-24-2019 at 09:36 AM.