Scripting for more than 3 measuring blocks?

Chrispy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124808
Is there any scripting for recording data for more than 3 measuring blocks? Something like request blocks 1,2,3 then 4,5,6 then back to 1,2,3 and repeat?

I understand the sample rates would be quite slow but that's ok.

Thanks

_Val

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356659
Have you tried advanced measuring blocks?

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Hi there,

accessing measuring values as a whole is not (yet) possible via VCDScripter as I'm lacking practical examples where this could be useful and what should be done with these values...

What do you want to do exactly?

Chrispy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124808
Hi there,

accessing measuring values as a whole is not (yet) possible via VCDScripter as I'm lacking practical examples where this could be useful and what should be done with these values...

What do you want to do exactly?

My usage is pretty niche to be honest!

I have a car (Mk5 Golf so old TP2.0 / Measuring Block protocol rather than UDS) running on a dyno for an extended period of time. At the moment I'm recording 3 blocks to see how they change over time, but I'd like to record more if possible. It doesn't matter that the sample rate reduces as I'm looking at changes over a long period of time.

Ideally I'd like it to cycle through the blocks periodically and save to CSV, although if it just cycled through the blocks then I could probably work with it as the messages would appear on the CAN BUS and I can probably pick out the values from there (I'm also logging data from the Powertrain CAN).

Hope that makes sense.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
I'm afraid I do not understand why recording measurement data via VCDS itself does not suffice your needs?

For the moment I have not planned to support measurement data via VCDScripter. Motivation is generally driven by need.... ;)

Chrispy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124808
I'm afraid I do not understand why recording measurement data via VCDS itself does not suffice your needs?

For the moment I have not planned to support measurement data via VCDScripter. Motivation is generally driven by need.... ;)

Because it's limited to 3 blocks (or 12 advanced values) and I ideally need to record more than that. I could switch between blocks manually but this would get quite tedious when it's running for hours on end.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you had a current cable, you could just make MVB maps, and I doubt it would be difficult to script that too loop it. Then it would repeatedly record all the measuring blocks from the ECU.

-Uwe-

Chrispy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124808
If you had a current cable, you could just make MVB maps, and I doubt it would be difficult to script that too loop it. Then it would repeatedly record all the measuring blocks from the ECU.

-Uwe-

That's a good idea, that would work.

Back