Audi B5S4 A/C compressor clutch not engaging?

Moran84

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362620
I've received great help here when starting out with VCDS so I thought I'd ask here again. Hope it' OK and if not point me to the correct part of the forum

There's no A/C in my Audi B5S4. There's no sound of the solenoid engaging the clutch on the compressor and not even a slight increase in engine speed when pushing the Auto A/C button. There are no fault codes shown for the 08 Address: Auto HVAC. Although access to the A/C compressor is tough, before I put 12 volts across the solenoid to see if the clutch engages, I wondered if there's any analysis with my VCDS HEX-NET that might reveal whether the problem is the solenoid, the relay. or other component of the A/C system or the clutch itself?

Moran84

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362620
Why did my post get moved to a forum for non VCDS issues when my question was whether my relatively newly purchased HEX-NET VCDS could help with my A/C compressor clutch issue. If not just tell me as I know how to diagnose without the use of VCDS. By the way I read the old post by DRPETER and tried to perform the tests he described but there's so much VCDS jargon I was unable to fully use it.

shokoman

Reaction score
If the topic has gone beyond the AC compressor, then maybe I will find help here. On account of the choice and purchase, I found this link, here the compressor for my Jetta is pretty cheap, a bit confusing for its price. I am a newcomer in car maintrance, and dont know much. Are there any differences between them?

Back