Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Testing using VCDS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by niggly60 View Post
    Uwe- any clues among the battery readout?
    I'm not the most skilled person around at interpreting that data.
    • Looks like you've had three low-voltage incidents, two today and on on the 13th.
    • However, no no-load current overranges, so it you probably don't have an excessive drain problem with everything off.
    • I'm scratching my head on the battery change history. Didn't you say the battery was changed? If I'm reading that section correctly, nobody bothered to tell the car.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Uwe.
    No, the battery is the original as far as I know. The car was first registered in September 2016 and I bought it used in March 2017.
    I'm guessing that it might be coming to the end of it's life given the low output- despite recently being fully charged.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to change battery- wife couldn't stand the issues we were having, so had to try something.
    However, this has given rise to my other thread on battery coding: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ng-Help-needed!