VW AXD Oil Temp level/temp sensor fault 00562 (with Video) and Codes

P38IRL

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello all,

I drive a 2006 T5 Transporter (7H) Van/Camper. its an AXD PD 130hp /96kw engine with 4motion drive train. After getting over having to remove the engine the remove the water pump debackle (see what i went through here) things have been going well until recently i have been getting an intermittent coil light coming on the dash and loss of power. (see video below)

this all stated very harmlessly and happened once in a blue moon. so thought id let it develop before spending too much time looking in to it. noy it got to the point were i was almost stranded on the road side unable to get it to go. so i did a diagnostic session and got these results....

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

I cleared all the codes but "00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266) 30-00 - Open or Short to Plus" keeps returning. when putting the keys in the ignition i am getting the yellow oil can light flashing (oil level is fine on the stick) So it was a bank holiday weekend and i got a new oil sensor in the scrap yard. This made a vast improvement but still get the odd knock with a flash of the coil light on the dash. I also ordered a new sensor on eBay the same weekend so to rule it out i changed that sensor again last night clear all the faults and put the key in the ignition and still have the yellow oil can light flashing when the dash lights come on.

SO! my question what else am i missing? could there be another sensor i am not aware of? Im wondering did these sensors get damaged when the coolant mixed with the oil when the water pump seized. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Can you post the full scan log please, it will hold various data which will be needed to help.

P38IRL

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Moved to hall of shame? Wow. Great way to welcome someone to the forum

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
The forum here exists for users of genuine VCDS systems. It's a requirement that users asking for assistance do not use cloned cables and stolen / hacked software. It's a reasonable expectation given the forum is owned and operated by the product manufacturers.

P38IRL

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
The forum here exists for users of genuine VCDS systems. It's a requirement that users asking for assistance do not use cloned cables and stolen / hacked software. It's a reasonable expectation given the forum is owned and operated by the product manufacturers.

Ok thank you for an explaination. The cable and laptop came with my vehicle when I bought it. Perhaps don't be so ready to tar and feather people coming on looking for help. Yes I understand where you are coming from and that you wish to stop illigal use of your intellectual property but not everyone will be aware of this. I posted this post on other forms before being directed someone else. Perhaps if you were less likely to banish threads "to die" and not address potential new customers as "pirates" someone in my position would be willing to buy the correct cable and software. I built a campervan from scratch did everything myself to a professional standard and spent €20,000 in the process. $250 is a small investment so just don't be so ready to jump down people's throats and tar everyone with the same brush

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
It's not unusual for people to turn up with cloned systems, and the list of possible reasons as to why appears to be endless. Invariably, they all end up here (Hall of shame) because that's the way things work. Some disappear off into the distance with their stolen / cloned tool, others have since purchased genuine tools and are here on the forum in good standing. How you choose to continue is up to you really, it's not something anyone else can decide.

Gapel3

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=313356
hi man ...probably UWE is right but im user of vsdc and so far for last few year didnt get any help,just bullying not to use capital letters etc makes all people sick etc lol so pathetic ...guys her they just software gurus...but useless in helping what can cause it...better to go to specific forums.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
guys her they just software gurus
That's a sweeping, and untrue, generalisation.

I used to work for a well known international automotive consultancy, and never designed or wrote a single line of code while I was there - used a lot of spanners and wrenches in the workshop though :thumbs:

Reactions: Uwe
Back