Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot connect to 46-Central Conv. 2013 Golf TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langers2k View Post
    Might be worth checking the adaption channels of the instrument cluster. Feel free to post an adaption map if there is nothing obvious.
    How do I do that exactly?

I am an infrequent VCDS user...I've only plugged the thing in a couple times in the past few years for Autoscans, so my experience level is low.
    Late build 2006 White Jetta BRM 5spd. Mile eater.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/c...annels-map.php

Address 17 and adaptions, I tend to use CSV rather than pre-label. Both should be text based so if you right click and open them in notepad, you should be able to copy/paste them into a post.

3. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Check out PID 0x70. I'd want to monitor 0x78 too... If the ultragauge supported it :-)
    Hey Eric,

So with some more reading and whatnot, I see that Boost is not available on these cars as it was in the previous gens. It can be added if I buy one of the other model Ultragauges (The MX version) or the Scangauge 2 with X-Gauge (EGT can also be added).

However, looking through the available gauges on my current UG EM Plus model, I do have available Cat Bank 1 Sensor 1 in either degrees C or F. I assume this is out 3c in the OBDII module map posted above.

Would this reading show me when DPF regens are taking place with reasonable certainty?

Just curious. I can live without boost readings...I didn't need it anyway...this is just a stock street/work car, but I would like to monitor when DPF gens are happening so I can at least let the car do it's business and finish if I happen to close to shutting it off.

Any thoughts from the pros would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rem

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be simple enough to just set it up and look at it during a regen vs normal driving, no? Or you can monitor it with VCDS in OBD2 mode if you don't want to touch the settings on your UG for now. I expect it will be easy to tell.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I don't mind changing the Ultragauge settings at all, I was just curious if that particular cat B1S1 output would tell when a regen is happening.

I'll set it up to read that one and watch it for a while to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Should be simple enough to just set it up and look at it during a regen vs normal driving, no? Or you can monitor it with VCDS in OBD2 mode if you don't want to touch the settings on your UG for now. I expect it will be easy to tell.
    It was very easy to tell!! I set the UG to monitor the B1S1 Cat Temp, and a regen started within 20 minutes. Normal driving the temp is usually between 550-750F depending on the engine load, and when the regen starts it shoots up to 1080F and stays there for approximately 10 minutes. It seems to cycle a little bit sometimes...maybe between 1000-1100F, but once it is finished it drops right back down to 600F quickly. Shows up like clockwork every 300 kms or so. Without seeing the temps, you would never notice it is happening. I did notice at a stoplight that the warm idle was slightly higher than normal during the regen, but still barely noticeable.

I had a pending DTC p2000 showing up several times, but it went away after a regen. It never did bloom into a full DTC, but it has not returned in several hundred miles and a couple more regen cycles.

Thanks again for the help here gentlemen. It is appreciated.
    I came looking for Boost, and I got CAT b1S1 temps, but all is good and I'm happy for now.

8. Likes Eric, Uwe liked this post