1999 Audi A4 Avant airbag light on. No accident - resetting?

scottinalaska

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369126
I have heard that I only have so many tries to reset this module. The battery was low at some point. It is cold in Alaska. Did this trigger my module? But the code is 65535 Ctrl Module faulty.
Any tips on using my new RT scanner software? Or should I find a used module? It sure appears to be a process to physically access it!
Thanks,
Scott

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Like Jef said, posting an Auto-Scan will help to determine the details of the vehicle.

And like Jef also mentioned, this may not be good news... In the Official Factory Repair manual, the repair procedure for the fault code 65535 (when found in the Airbag controller) is to replace that controller.

Some things just do not last for ever, well maybe a 1996 GTI ;)

drpeter

ps.. If you do replace it, be sure to use the same controller with the exact same part number, there are several different Airbag configurations for that vehicle, according to the repair manual.

Reactions: Uwe

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Modules known to have crack solder joints that set this code in cold weather expands the joints.
Can't clear it. It's like crash data.

Good Luck

Last edited:

scottinalaska

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369126
What great news...even if it looks like bad news. Nothing like being straight to the point. My next post will be more complete. Thank you for your patience.

Back