Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable Start/Stop system MQB

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    I did in my MK7 in gateway - Start Stop voltage limit ......from 12V to 7V and SS not work any longer
    I also can it manually but with the script not working. The VCDS ask a question and this script could not handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. You first need to handle the missing workshop code manually in order to enable coding by script in the future.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Yes. You first need to handle the missing workshop code manually in order to enable coding by script in the future.
    My workshop code is default (00000).
    What to fix?
    If I rewrite, will it affect the future? I don't want the workshop code to overwrite the original value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarton View Post
    My workshop code is default (00000).
    What to fix?
    If I rewrite, will it affect the future? I don't want the workshop code to overwrite the original value.
    Try to change something manually (without the scripter) and press "No" when the dialog window about the workshop code appears.
    If it works, then other codings can be done also via script and without any dialog anymore.

Pressing "Yes" will write a new workshop code into the unit. Check the manuel or the search function in the forum for this topic.

5. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I press NO, I get an error message. Invalid code (I tried it without script). Only YES button working and the WSC remains the original.
    What happens if I set the car manufacturer WSC in VCDS? For example: WSC 73430 031 00207

Post Thanks / Like
    The uninitialized control module warning is explained at the bottom of this page: Adaptation or Long Adaptation Screen. Most users just click [Yes] so the default non-zero numbers are entered.

The User Interface and Identification tab is located on the [Options] screen and this section explains those values: Options Screen > User Interface and Identification

• If you want VCDS to enter the same values every time a Coding, Adaptation or similar operation is sent to a module you change the [Options] screen settings and [Save]. Delete config file and close will clear your saved values if you want VCDS to revert back to stealth mode at a later time.
    • If you do NOT want VCDS to overwrite the default values each time you can change from an all ZERO WSC, Importer or Equipment value manually directly from the Coding or Adaptation screen before clicking Do it or Save. However, if a module already has non-zero numbers like this:

.. you cannot change them directly from the Coding or Adaptation screen. Instead, you would need to use option #1 (change the [Options] screen settings, Save, restart VCDS and change the channel in question) to change the numbers.

8. Likes Uwe, hadez16 liked this post