Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    The next Audi will come with fresh new generation radar

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So with the help of rhinopower we have cracked the missing part of my Lane assist, I was not happy that when I let go of the steering wheel the car will assist as it should between the road markings of the lane but after 20 secondes would warn me to take control again and then just turn off.
    Now after the following coding additions, I have the functions that if I ignore the warnings it will continue to hold the lanes (not turn off) and after 2 warnings it will beep loader and 5 seconds later will apply the brakes sharply for a split second if I still continue to ignore it will beep and display emergency assist in Red at this point I have not gone any further ;-)

Also, we retrofitted Side Assist in addition and after this, I now have the vibrating of the steering wheel when a car is in my blind spot and I make a move towards the car or towards the lane markings, Lane assist then kicks in and counter turns the steering wheel away from the markings while vibrating.

Here is the additional coding I used for Lane assist-

03 - ABS
    Byte 29 Bit 5 - Active
    13 - ACC
    Byte 3, Bit 6 - Active (Front_Camera installed)
    Byte 4 Bit 2 - Emergency Assist installed
    A5 - Front camera
    Byte 14, Bit 0 - Active (Radar Interface installed)
    Byte 16 Bit 2-3 - EA_Variant2 (variant 1 for manual?)
    Adaption
    09 - BCM
    Sec access: 31347
    Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_durch_Fahrerassistenz - Active

3. Likes sam1754, symb liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Livefour2day View Post
    So with the help of rhinopower we have cracked the missing part of my Lane assist, I was not happy that when I let go of the steering wheel the car will assist as it should between the road markings of the lane but after 20 secondes would warn me to take control again and then just turn off.
    Now after the following coding additions, I have the functions that if I ignore the warnings it will continue to hold the lanes (not turn off) and after 2 warnings it will beep loader and 5 seconds later will apply the brakes sharply for a split second if I still continue to ignore it will beep and display emergency assist in Red at this point I have not gone any further ;-)

Also, we retrofitted Side Assist in addition and after this, I now have the vibrating of the steering wheel when a car is in my blind spot and I make a move towards the car or towards the lane markings, Lane assist then kicks in and counter turns the steering wheel away from the markings while vibrating.

Here is the additional coding I used for Lane assist-

03 - ABS
    Byte 29 Bit 5 - Active
    13 - ACC
    Byte 3, Bit 6 - Active (Front_Camera installed)
    Byte 4 Bit 2 - Emergency Assist installed
    A5 - Front camera
    Byte 14, Bit 0 - Active (Radar Interface installed)
    Byte 16 Bit 2-3 - EA_Variant2 (variant 1 for manual?)
    Adaption
    09 - BCM
    Sec access: 31347
    Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_durch_Fahrerassistenz - Active
    I can confirm this, it works. Tried it 'till the quick braking wake up. I'm tempted to take it to the end, what happens with manual gearbox?
    Also it seems to beep in some situations it didn't before, when the system loses track of the lane, not 100% sure though.

5. Likes vaggelis4 liked this post