Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 164

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

  1. #141
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the waiting sam1754... And I can confirm my car drives by itself for 18-19 seconds from the latest driver involvement.

  2. Likes golfman liked this post
  3. #142
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Symb I have sent you a message.

    Thank you

    Scott

  4. #143
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfman View Post
    Hi Symb I have sent you a message.

    Thank you

    Scott
    Yes, golfman asked me about the necessity of the sensor fusion cabling between A5 camera and ACC/front assist radar.

    To be honest I don't have an answer for this. I frankly wired 'em because it was instructed so by kufatec and some ACC retrofit. I might have given it a thought for a second, but since it wasn't really even near the hardest part of the project I decided to go for it.

    I can only speculate that if the A5 camera is not used to boost the range of the adaptive cruise, and if the car doesn't even have ACC (only front assist), is the cabling necessary? Is there some hard-coded function in these modules that if they detect each other via gateway there needs to be the "sensor fusion" direct connect CAN network between them or the result is fault.

    Couple of images to explain the whole can bus extended thingy and what it has to say about SF.

    http://symb.mbnet.fi/pasuuna/can/canbusext1.jpg

    http://symb.mbnet.fi/pasuuna/can/canbusext2.jpg
    Last edited by symb; 11-20-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Modified images behind links.

  5. Likes golfman liked this post
  6. #144
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sensor fusion is used for front assist functions. It does not extend the acc range but both sensor complement each others information. For example pedestrian detection uses both camera and acc radar information.

    Like written on those SSP inserts you attached, it is a separate bus to prevent other module communication to cause interference.

  7. Likes Uwe liked this post
  8. #145
    Verified VCDS User sam1754's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Symb, I think the time to take over the steering wheel depend on A5 firmware version. Mine is very old!!!

  9. #146
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    The sensor fusion is used for front assist functions. It does not extend the acc range but both sensor complement each others information. For example pedestrian detection uses both camera and acc radar information.

    Like written on those SSP inserts you attached, it is a separate bus to prevent other module communication to cause interference.
    My bad, I meant to say it boosts the max speed that you can use ACC in, when both front radar and A5 camera are involved, if I remember correctly?

  10. #147
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1754 View Post
    Thanks Symb, I think the time to take over the steering wheel depend on A5 firmware version. Mine is very old!!!

    That's an interesting theory. Did you compare all the adaptations and coding?

    Edit: In fact my car first demanded to take over the steering wheel in like 10 seconds? I don't remember what exactly did I do for it to change... Hmmm.

  11. #148
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1754 View Post
    Ok, thanks for your reply. I wait for Symb adamap because I'm curious but altogether, this menu is really unuseful...
    But it's still Symb-s post that made me start this retrofit. So I'm really waiting for adamap and coding A5 5F...please
    Sorry sam, I feel partly responsible

  12. #149
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by symb View Post
    My bad, I meant to say it boosts the max speed that you can use ACC in, when both front radar and A5 camera are involved, if I remember correctly?
    ACC radar type is the factor here. MRR is max 160/h and LRR is 210km/h. I’ve not read or heard that camera would increase the ACC max speed.

    Autonomous braking uses the camera information together with radar.

  13. #150
    Verified VCDS User golfi_vend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tartu, Estonia
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    ACC radar type is the factor here. MRR is max 160/h and LRR is 210km/h. I’ve not read or heard that camera would increase the ACC max speed.

    Autonomous braking uses the camera information together with radar.
    MRR – Middle Range Radar – (up to 160m, up to 160km/h or up to 210km/h in conjunction kamerą Lane Assist) – flat shape.


    LRR radars were mounted on early released Golf MK7 and Skoda Octavia 3 (version G, with software limitation up to 160km/h). This type of a radar is more sensitive and more precise then the MRR but it’s also much more expensive – over 900 euro. Audi A3 is still factory equipped with LRR radar as a premium segment representative. Since the middle 2013 VW started mountingt MRR radars in order to cost cuts (price of a brand new MRR unit is around 400 euros). MRR radars has shorter range and sensitivity, in order to provide 210km/h range they need to be used with A5 Front Camera.

    To be more precise, you can find three types of radars:
    From a polish site.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

  14. Likes darkchina811 liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •