Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downtime can I ask why your A5 adaptions it is showing BAP Personalization - activated
    I have always been confused if this should be Activated or Not Activated theres is some confusion mine is not activated do you know what this does

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is related to personalization overall. My Tiguan has a user/key based profile possibility so it will save the settings per user.
    I’m pretty sure it’s for that.

Our Seat has this not activated and it does not have this profile possibility.

3. Likes symb, sam1754, Livefour2day liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by symb View Post
    Interesting that there is no mention about the dynamic light assist function and the part that camera plays in it. Of course it is different kind of image processing, but very very precisely working one. In dark, clear straight road it detects oncoming lights from around max 1000+ meters.

And oddly in some parts like the camera hardware presentation, the document seems somehow outdated? At least in the 3Q0 980 654 all the image processing is done in the same package.

Here is the second gen bosch camera brochure (3Q0 980 654).
    It has color and 1280x960 imager size. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://auto2015.bosch.com.cn/ebrochu...tt_mpc2_en.pdf

According to this, we have MPC2 camera???
    I prefer be mistaking this way

Post Thanks / Like
    Symba, did you find what can make "hand off" during 20s instead of 12s?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, a bottle of water for an infinite time on highway...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1754 View Post
    Symba, did you find what can make "hand off" during 20s instead of 12s?
    I tried to narrow it down but couldn't find anything. It was after I managed to make the lane assist thingies appear in the infotainment menu, that the duration changed.
    Here, this is where I think the change happened, and I thought that the menu setting had something to do with it (which it didn't).

Quote Originally Posted by symb View Post
    Update to the above:

Activating these 2 adaptations makes the lane assist and adaptive lane guidance appear correctly in the car driver assist menu, then you can play between the drunk driving mode and the very nicely working active mode, AND you get to select from the three different warning levels. Selecting "low" lets you rest your hands for about 20 seconds before the car guides you to take over the steering.

Address 5F,5G0 035 869 ,channel ENG122227-ENG117506-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated
    Address 5F,5G0 035 869 ,channel ENG122227-ENG117508-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold _high,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated

And the A5 adaptation:
    IDE10873-BAP personalization,not activated ,1 <--- This indeed was not activated.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1754 View Post
    So, a bottle of water for an infinite time on highway...
    Bottle of water is rather cumbersome solution... I use soft cloth pouch (ski goggles one) filled with... cloth. Just heavy enough so that the system feels enough drag to stay active. Still light and easy to toss in and quickly remove.
    Probably illegal, not recommended . But, I've done like a 100km pull in highway with clear weather and good markings with it, without actually touching the wheel at all (traffic is sometimes sparse here). Of course I'm staying alert and keeping my hands ready, but it was a, uh, research. Yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Jeroboam, a bottle like this:
    I drove about 5000kms with active Lane assist now and it's really reliable. More than 200kms without any road lane mark loss on highway, night or daytime running. Anyway, it's really important to be cool and alert all the time, ready to take control, it's not a game, it's real life...

9. Likes symb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I come back in this thread to confirm what Downtime said about A pillar connections. I let A5's CAN BUS wires on Gateway plug but I pulled off the piggy fuse and soldered it on the "driving aid wire feeding" black/green as per factory mounting. If you already have those wires, it's really better to use the TIUL G coupling point for both feeding and CAN Bus.
    Saving time and genuine look.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's about ACC sensor 160-210 km/h
    Read in the VW SSP 543:

The distance regulator (ACC) Function

The ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) distance controller is a speed control system. It helps the driver to maintain a constant speed and distance from the vehicle in front when intervening on the engine and braking.
    Passats with a DSG dual clutch transmission and ACC "Stop & Go" can be stopped and automatically restarted.
    Two ACC systems are offered on the Passat 2015:
    • Distance regulator (ACC) up to 160 km / h
    • Distance regulator (ACC) up to 210 km / h
    Both systems work with the same components, they are distinguished only by the speed range. The different speed ranges are achieved by software adaptation.
    So, no link with A5 module.

12. Likes downtime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And for A5 camera:
    It's a grey scale black with red filter. And it really impact the ACC operation, it's really smoother with it during decelerations.
    Operation
    The front camera provides a nuanced image of
    gray with a red filter to enhance contrasts.
    A special device for regulating exposure
    provides clear photos of the area
    in front of the vehicle, including when the vehicle is in
    rolling.
    Object recognition, based on processing
    images and building a list of objects,
    takes place internally in the front camera to
    driver assistance systems R242.
    The location data of the recognized objects are
    recorded by the camera, then transmitted to the
    distance controller ECU J428. AT
    inside the distance controller calculator,