Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Your knowledge save our time! Great great great!!! I just ordered 4 clips if needed later... (0.76€/p)
    But I'm still asking how you can plug the +12v behind fuse board with all those wires yet connected???

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Factory fuse location for the front camera is SC32. This fuse position is shared with ACC radar and parking aid module. If you only want to add the front camera and want to save time, I'd suggest using a "add-a-fuse". This is because it's rather hard and time consuming moving the SC fusebox so you can tap into the SC32 circuit behind it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed, I'm not happy to do this, I prefered plug it on free sc36 or sc37 but I agree... saving time

Post Thanks / Like
    With a plastic ribbon, I finally managed to insert the + on sc36 and test on sc37 but the kufatec cable doesn't clips in it...??? I managed to push it with my fingers but it doesn't want to clip! Even if I place a fuse to guide it! NOTHING!!! I'm really disappointed!
    PS, the clip was in his good vertical position, allowing fuse to take place.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fusebox has locking tabs that needs to be pulled out before adding terminals to the empty positions. yes, it sucks.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And to do that the fusebox needs to be pulled out from it’s cradle.

Agree with darkchina, it REALLY sucks. On some models you need to dismantle half the dashboard to be able to remove the fuse box.
    I know it’s not optimal but I would go with silc’s proposal using add on fuse or piggyback fuse, or tapping on to an existing terminal 15 wire. Front left footwell below the A-pillar there’s a connection point you can use to tap on terminal 15 wire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I though I was mad!!!
    Then go for an "add a fuse", I don't have any better choice
    But in this way, the car won't be ready this weekend. Add a fuse don't grow on trees

Post Thanks / Like
    Something came in my little brain... but I think that symb did that way:
    I can plug an add a fuse to sc 36 or 37 and it'll be feed with 12v... more simple, no?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, there's only one connection. The other slot is empty. You'll need connection between two points and that ain't happening as the the add on fuse's other side is "hanging" in air

I would propose A pillar connection point again There's even can extended wires there which you can use for the camera if you don't want to fight with the can controller.

Terminal 15 is green/black wire.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Fighting" the CAN gateway on a B8 is relatively easy compared to a B7