Resolved Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Resolved

Detlef Trapp

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56993
OR, some DIY solution including some 3d-printed bracket for
the camera etc..

these are only from upgrading from a 3AA to a 3Q0 camera

Official vw workshops/dealers might not want to get involved in these

I retrofitted exactly the same camera as yours on my 2015 Alhambra but the SEAT dealer was not able to calibrate it since it was originally available only for later models of my car

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I retrofitted exactly the same camera as yours on my 2015 Alhambra but the SEAT dealer was not able to calibrate it since it was originally available only for later models of my car
I guess it depends on the dealer tech working on the car. It can be done at the dealer with ODIS in offline mode. At least thats how a local dealer tech managed to calibrate the B8 front camera I retrofitted for a client.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I guess it depends on the dealer tech working on the car. It can be done at the dealer with ODIS in offline mode. At least thats how a local dealer tech managed to calibrate the B8 front camera I retrofitted for a client.

Manually select higher model year. With Latest odis it may be tricky as it tries yo do everything automatically, including identification. But if You're knowledgeble enough, You can work around this.

Correct parameters are a must.

symb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354278
Wow!!! It's Christams! many thanks Symb!
Just the thread I Wanted! :thanks:
But I bought a St TRopez trim:o

Thanks man!

Just three questions Symb:
Did you have to unplug 12v battery before pluging all wires?
How did you plug +12v on fuse table? In my KUFATEC notice it's just written "Now in the fuse box connect the wire in the SC32 (ignition plus), fig5. with a very little picture of an mk7 golf...
On coupling point, is it hard to plug both sides of brown connector for ACC and camera wires? I don't see it on your excellent job?:thumbs:

Answered your PM too but will reply here for the sake of the thread.
I didn't unplug the battery on any phase of the job, I don't like the side effects of doing that. Probably not recommended but when everything done carefully, shouldn't be an issue. I just operated the wires one by one (like the GW wires and plug).

I did my own add-a-fuse to the first 7.5A fuse of the row. The lower connector is the feeding line if I remember correctly.

The kufatec terminals fit directly to the both sides of the brown connector. The particular cable set has the PIN information printed on the wires.

I've intentionally left all the wiring details out of the thread since they can be found elsewhere, but I must admit the +12v details given make you scratch your head for a while, since passat has no free fuse slots on that parricular row.

symb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354278
I recently retrofitted Smart Light Assist (SLA - Skoda's equivalent of DLA) to my mk3 MY17 Superb.
Required:-
- SLA xenon headlights
- 4H0 light control modules
- vcds coding to A5 module
- vcds coding to 09 module
- "afs_mdf" parameter file upload to my 4B module via odis. VCP couldn't write to the 4B module.

As u said - without the parameter file, the fancy high beam masking doesn't work.

I'm really happy, and even happier that my SLA/DLA activates at 40km/h or above, instead of the usual 65km/h or more. :)

Nice to hear from your success!

Are you sure you had the one little box tapped in VCP (Erase full memory) ?
Sounds strange that it would be unable to upload the file, but anyhow :thumbs:.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
I have now wires coming from the windscreen through the roof and dash board. T17 9 and 11 pin's and ground are connected. I'll connect t20 pin's to can gateway this weekend. I would lije to connect + to the sc36 or 37 fuse but I don't manage to reach the hole behind the fuse board. How did you do it?
And please Symb, how did you pull out this evil's double clip on A column? I do as you said and it came, no problem... but now I want to replace the column...
Many thanks for the answers.
PS: I'll post some good photos to complete this great tutorial;)

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
The upper A-pillar trim clip is a one-time use part. Simply buy a new one from a dealer. Part number 3G0867280, ~1,8€ a piece.

Reactions: Uwe

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Your knowledge save our time! Great great great!!! I just ordered 4 clips if needed later...:) (0.76€/p)
But I'm still asking how you can plug the +12v behind fuse board with all those wires yet connected???

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Factory fuse location for the front camera is SC32. This fuse position is shared with ACC radar and parking aid module. If you only want to add the front camera and want to save time, I'd suggest using a "add-a-fuse". This is because it's rather hard and time consuming moving the SC fusebox so you can tap into the SC32 circuit behind it.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Yes indeed, I'm not happy to do this, I prefered plug it on free sc36 or sc37 but I agree... saving time:)

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
With a plastic ribbon, I finally managed to insert the + on sc36 and test on sc37 but the kufatec cable doesn't clips in it...??? I managed to push it with my fingers but it doesn't want to clip! Even if I place a fuse to guide it! NOTHING!!! I'm really disappointed!
PS, the clip was in his good vertical position, allowing fuse to take place.:banghead:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
the fusebox has locking tabs that needs to be pulled out before adding terminals to the empty positions. yes, it sucks.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
And to do that the fusebox needs to be pulled out from it’s cradle.

Agree with darkchina, it REALLY sucks. On some models you need to dismantle half the dashboard to be able to remove the fuse box.
I know it’s not optimal but I would go with silc’s proposal using add on fuse or piggyback fuse, or tapping on to an existing terminal 15 wire. Front left footwell below the A-pillar there’s a connection point you can use to tap on terminal 15 wire.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Ok, I though I was mad!!!
Then go for an "add a fuse", I don't have any better choice:mad:
But in this way, the car won't be ready this weekend. Add a fuse don't grow on trees:p

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Something came in my little brain... but I think that symb did that way:
I can plug an add a fuse to sc 36 or 37 and it'll be feed with 12v... more simple, no?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
No, there's only one connection. The other slot is empty. You'll need connection between two points and that ain't happening as the the add on fuse's other side is "hanging" in air :(

I would propose A pillar connection point again :) There's even can extended wires there which you can use for the camera if you don't want to fight with the can controller.

Terminal 15 is green/black wire.

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
"Fighting" the CAN gateway on a B8 is relatively easy compared to a B7 :)

Back