Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    So, all has been done correctly, as ENtech said after verifying byte 9 and 21 coding... but always the same issue!

I turned it to "clear glass" but same issue again

I have static LED lights so I think it's correct

Finally, a french guy who work for a manufacturer's technical center said to me that when the camera is VIN mismatching or cleaned, the whole calibration is needed: search target and initial online calibration which give information to run static customer calibration...
    The procedure described above in erwin seems to be for Re-calibrating after windscreen exchange.
    But with VCDS, initial online calibration seems to not provide informations needed to run static calibration.
    Here is my conclusion but I may be mistaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I bought an OB11 pro and the procedure has been done with the same issue. So, it's not due to VCDS and now I'm sure VCDS can do calibration.
    But the fact is that I bought a camera from an all track passat. With my standard estate passat it doesn't work and return a "wrong mountign position" error. Beyond the coding job, I think there must be something to do to adapt it to my car... but what??? "Reset all adaptation values"?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe re-parameterize the camera? If it has alltrack dataset inside and you have normal Passat, itís no wonder it gives that error.

And no, this cannot be done with VCDS nor OBD11

4. Likes sam1754 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are different 654 front camera parameter sets for sedan, Variant and Alltrack. You would need to parameterize your camera with data for Variant. Find someone with VCP to help you with this.

6. Likes sam1754, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or ODIS-E can do it as well if you get the parameter files as xml.

Post Thanks / Like
    YES, I know VCDS nor OBD11 can change firmware... but I don't know anyone with VCP...
    So, you're sure it's a matter of wrong data set? Apart wheel heights, an all track is the same car. But the fact is that the wheel housing has a plastic part which has to be included in height measure... grrr I'm really near from the issue.
    And if I buy a new camera from a variant, I'll be able to calibrate it?

Post Thanks / Like
    YES!
    It's really a question of alltrack routine calibration. It calculates camera height from wheel heights housing. So, I put wheels' heights to obtain real camera height from controller routine.
    I put -2cm on each wheel value... and it works!
    ... but I'm pretty sure dynamic calibration will fail

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, the fact is that allroad has higher ground clearance than normal variant. That’s why it’s failing the installation position. Normal variant dataset and it should go through the calibration.

Edit :

Heh, you tried it. But that is due higher ground clearance.

Go for a drive and see how it behaves.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, it works!

I drove about thirty kms and it made a 9 kms dynamic calibration... wait and see.

Even if traffic sign recognition seems to work, I think there's a trouble with wrong driving side. I hope it's not a firmware trouble.

12. Likes downtime, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wrong driving side is coding issue. I don’t remember seeing that in the dataset contents.

The dynamic calibration will take some time and it either fails or not. I wouldn’t be too worried about.

If I were you, I would return the OBD11, get a refund for it and buy VCP. That is pretty much mandatory with MQB cars. OBD11 does not offer anything new to VCDS. I prefer VCDS over OBD11 anytime and even prefer it over VCP when it comes to coding and adaptation.
    But the issue is that VAG has moved a lot of parameters to the datasets and writing those is not possible with VCDS(at least not yet )