Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Passat B8 early 2015, Retrofitting A5 front camera + DLA + Lane assist- Finished

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why they don’t want to calibrate? Official workshop have all the means and training to do it. Just tell them that the camera just lost it’s calibration, don’t tell them it’s retrofitted. They think it’s jinxed after you tell them

It should be possible to do by yourself by having a print shop print you the board in right size. Then position it correctly and run calibration.
    Doing it with VCDS, maybe not. Using ODIS, yes deflnitely.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1754 View Post
    I'd love to!!! I'll search for a B'nB and I come soon
    I hope it's just a question of time to put this board at the right place... and run VCDS A5 basic setting.
    Because it is from a different car, the vin in the camera wont match the car. It is done with ODIS and GFF. Car has to be in the correct position in relation to the calibration screen. Measurements are entered for each wheel arch to the floor, and input as you go along. Once ODIS is happy you have calibrated correctly the VIN is updated and everything fixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, I really can't condone discussion of cloned/pirated products here, not even ODIS.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 09-18-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes siLc, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand but I don't know ODIS, I thought VCDS could provide full access to VAG car. As ODIS seems to be unbuyable, I'm really asking how I'll manage to calibrate the camera???
    Yoda said "No clone here!" young Padawan... so how will the force be with me to calibrate the camera?
    Last edited by sam1754; 09-19-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read a few months ago "I do not think we have a procedure at this time.

But here are some threads that you may find interesting:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/Search-Resu...%20calibration

-Uwe-"
    And I hoped it should be possible now. A french guy did that with OBD11 (it's not also a clone, does it?).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdpQWVCZN4

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can get to the UK I highly recommend rhinopower who can sort all of your calibration out he did mine it works perfectly.
    Last edited by Livefour2day; 09-19-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could, sure I will!!! Now it's no longer a question of money. A society can do it for 550€ (both ACC and camera) with a complete support, not the vehicule on the ground. But it's about four hours driving to get there... hmmmm

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    550€? That is a realllly steep price...and with a long drive? Where in France are you, if I may ask?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s expensive. In Finland (and we are very expensive country) it’s 300€ for camera and acc both and they do full wheel alignment.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it's not a secret! I live near Luxemburg. The society who can do calibration is in Auxerre. I agree with you, it's expensive.