Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK7 Foglight Check Bulb

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Some difference in the firmware between the module you have on your bench and the module Chimuel has?

-Uwe-
    I've started a thread here about the Channel Value issue:
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ing-Adaptation

Don, I am using:
    I have now updated to VCDS Beta 19.4.0
    HEX-NET firmware updated to:
    CB: 04504
    FW: 0.256
    CFB: 0.10
    BL: 0.28
    DS: 60000057

2. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^ got me stumped - Ive changed these exact channels on ALL 35 x Leuchte-sets on the BCM on my test bench without any problems using both my HEX-NET and my HEX-CAN cables.

And, a setting value of 0 is acceptable for the Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC channel on your BCM (look @ ENG116950-ENG116140-Leuchten14AL LB6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 14 on your admap)

Don
    Hey Don,

So I did a bit of experimenting. The check fog light bulb messages only appear when the headlight switch is on the AUTO position with the low beam triggered ON or when the headlight switch is on the Low Beam position. For both instances, the warning shows up when making a tight turn at low speeds (cornering lights).

I had disabled the cornering lights (abbiegelicht function for both the RB5 and LB45 'B' channel) and still get the error message.

So for the headlight switch positions and instrument warning:
    0 --no warning
    AUTO - Off, no fog pull (front/rear) --no warning
    AUTO - Low Beam triggered --check fog light bulb
    AUTO - Low Beam triggered, front fog pulled and working --check front fog light bulbs
    AUTO - Low Beam triggered, rear fog pulled and working --check front fog light bulbs
    PARK - no fog - no warning
    PARK - front fog pulled, front fog lights working --no warning
    PARK - rear fog pulled, all fog lights working --no warning
    Low Beam - making a low speed tight turn, cornering lights working properly --check front fog light bulbs
    Low Beam - front fog pulled and front fog lights working --check front fog light bulbs
    Low Beam - rear fog pulled and all fog lights working --check front fog light bulbs

Am I missing any other coding to disable cornering lights entirely? I wish I had my hands on a stock Channel 09 Admap from a car with halogen headlights and fog lights from the factory.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    chimuel: hmm......... why don't we reset this discussion and my hitherto incorrect guesses (my ego has taken a near-fatal pounding!)?

Let's go back to basics: post-up a new and unedited auto-scan and also post-up a current BCM admap -please.

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    chimuel: hmm......... why don't we reset this discussion and my hitherto incorrect guesses (my ego has taken a near-fatal pounding!)?

Let's go back to basics: post-up a new and unedited auto-scan and also post-up a current BCM admap -please.

Don
    Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cz98y8cxf...73soCA2la?dl=0

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimuel View Post
    Chimuel: Wow, you have been prolific - a complete set of admaps stamped 19 May 14:15 hrs!!. I'm very impressed and thank you for going to this effort!

So - some interesting observation as follows:

1. I note that Lichtfunktion B on both Leuchte12NL LB45 and Leuchte13NL RB5 is programmed for cornering lights as per our previous discussions.

2. I also note that Byte 2 Bits 0-2 on the BCM code string has the value hex00 - so the module believes that the car has bog-standard incandescent headlights without any fancy add-ons (like AFS, or FLA)

3. I further note that the settings for the group of adaptation channels in the BCM with the parent name "Static AFS" (this bank of channels control the operational behavior of the cornering light function) are entirely unremarkable. Each of the 11 x channel values in this group have the same values as numerous other BCM s in my database.

4 hmm.... something odd!! I opened the BCM admap in MS Excel and I used the find-function with the search vector name "abbiegelicht". I was expecting 2 x hits in the Leutche-set sector (i.e. the 2 x front fog-lights) - but strangely the search returned 4 x hits.

The additional 2 x channels are - Lichtfunktion B on Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 and Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3. Also, the Nebellicht links/rechts command is used on Lichtfunktion A on these 2 x Leuchte sets.

Now, I'm not sure about the details for the rear lights on you particular model mk7, but normally these 2 x Leuchte-sets control the inner turn-signal lights and they are only activated on vehicles with LED tail light fittings.

The Lasttyp channel settings on these 2 x Leuchte-sets on your BCM are for LED lamps, which suggests that the car does indeed have LED tail light fittings. However, the setting for the Lasttyp channel on the Leuchte-sets for your brake lights is for incandescent lamps - which kind-of contradicts my previous deduction and on the contrary, it suggests that the car doesn't have LED tail light fittings.

So, I'm in a quandary on multiple fronts: why are the Leuchte-sets activated for the lamps that normally reside on the 2 x inner turn signal lights and why are they programmed to operate as front fog lights and also, why has the BCM been asked to use lamps at the rear of the car as cornering lights?

I'm confused!! Please explain?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

8. Likes Chimuel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You solved it Don!

So the C3 and C9 pins were at one point my fog lights from my original CECM (see post #10 in this thread: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...gen-Fog-Lights ).

So what had happened between that post and this most recent mishap was:
    • Original CECM (5Q0 937 087 Q) did not have pins for proper fog lights at B5/B45 pins, I substituted C3 and C9 pins --all was well and good.
    • Being the OEM guy that I am, I ordered a used CECM (5Q0 937 087 R) that had the proper pins and had Dealer B program it to the car through ODIS --they maintained the coding I had on the original CECM and I adjusted C3/C9 to be not active and had B5/B45 programmed properly.
    • I usually take my car to Dealer A for maintenance, etc --I've got a great relationship with them but they ultimately are not mod friendly (which is why I have Dealer B do my modifications such as ECU tunes). Anyway, I had my wife take the car to Dealer A and they noticed an issue with the keyfob --no problem, they have warranty provide an additional new key.
    • A week or so passes and the problem with the keyfob returns... wife takes car to Dealer A again. Dealer A agrees that it is not one of the 3 keyfobs I have but the CECM. Fantastic --new CECM (5Q0 937 087 S) covered under warranty as well, however they were not willing to maintain the current coding changes I have made and returned it to factory settings. Thankfully I have a log of every change I have made to the car.
    • I brought the coding back to the way I had it before the third and last CECM swap --not sure how the C3 and C9 channels were able to get those adaptations into them but now I have disabled them after you had pointed it out!

Thank you so much Don, hopefully this restores your ego! --It definitely stumped me for a couple of weeks there!

10. Likes Uwe, DV52 liked this post