Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vcds basic setting oxygen sensors

Post Thanks / Like
    Santos has a good idea, look at the OBD-II function on the VCDS tool, also look at [Mode-07, Pending DTCs]

I spoke with APR and they suggest logging the vehicle and sending them logs. but on their support page what they show for values to log dont correspond to what i can check off. such as the block numbers..
    The ECM on this vehicle should be a UDS controller and will not use [Meas. Blocks-08] where APR is instructing you to enter in the Group numbers.

- You will need to select [Adv. Meas. Values] button and from a pull down list you can choose the values needed to data log.

- UDS controller will have a bit different descriptions for these values and it can sometimes be confusing. With the Auto-Scan we will be able to see more and help you locate the specific values you are looking for.

drpeter

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a remaper myself , I agree that in the end the Tuner can have you see whatever you want to see ... Comparing Generic OBDII reading is a good idea.

You can have tottally different figures.
    Only Original Tools

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i updated the first post to include the autoscan data.

if i understand correctly, the one block under advanced measuring data called current oxygen sensor control(something along that line) shows data as x.xxx Lamda/ x.xx mA, this should be the actual lamda value that I would be looking for to include in the datalog for apr's request?

again, thank you everyone for helping so far, i do appreciate this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the Auto-Scan, it does help.

I spoke with APR and they suggest logging the vehicle and sending them logs. but on their support page what they show for values to log dont correspond to what i can check off. such as the block numbers..

aka the ones BOLDED. so what Block would this correspond to in Advanced Measuring Data? the other non bolded ones also do not match but I have found those blocks.

The values below are the equivalent of what APR has requested for data logging, or at least I think they are, it is an educated guess.

Traditional MVB = Advanced Measuring Values
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    114-4 N75 Duty Cycle = Charge press. ctrl.; spec. value [loc 28]

031-1 Lambda, Current Value = Short term adaptation of mixture formation bank 1 [loc 171]

By the way, I noticed in your Auto-Scan, the readiness reads differently than your readiness status on the screen-shot, did anything change (clear codes, try and set readiness)?

In scan = Readiness: 0010 0101
    In screen shot = 0010 0001

drpeter

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes ecu was reset because battery was disconnected to do intake valve clean.

Thanks for posting the mvb to advanced measuring data information. When I do the log and get a response from Apr I'll post what they come up with.

In the generic obd II there's no pending codes either.

I do have a question regarding that screen though. How come the mode for oxygen sensors is greyed out?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a question regarding that screen though. How come the mode for oxygen sensors is greyed out?
    - Perhaps that [Mode 5] is not available for this ECM configuration.

- You are referring to this page, right?

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    - Perhaps that [Mode 5] is not available for this ECM configuration.

- You are referring to this page, right?

drpeter
    correct, that and Mode 6. was just a side question lol.

also, Peter did you receive the email i sent regarding the output test information?

I did figure out the "basic settings" part. I was clicking go and immediately holding the brake pedal. this caused the "Aborted | Safety Reasons"

I found out after clicking go, wait for module to say "Not Running | x" then hold brake and accelerator. this was after seeing the mode in advanced measuring data for "Operating Instructions"

Post Thanks / Like
    correct, that and Mode 6. was just a side question lol.
    - Okay, so it does appear that not all OBD-II functions are supported by these controllers. All questions are good, "Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers".

also, Peter did you receive the email i sent regarding the output test information?
    - Yes, I was looking into this... not finding much.

I did figure out the "basic settings" part. I was clicking go and immediately holding the brake pedal. this caused the "Aborted | Safety Reasons"
    I found out after clicking go, wait for module to say "Not Running | x" then hold brake and accelerator. this was after seeing the mode in advanced measuring data for "Operating Instructions"
    Glad it was something simple and good information to know! Thanks for posting it.

Let us know if we can be of any further help..

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So slightly off topic but still related.. I found out why exhaust fumes are entering the car... I took the trunk liner out and was gonna foam bomb all the crevices, then I noticed on drivers side where the foam padding is was black.. So I looked at the vent.. No flap!.. Looks like it melted a bit :-/..

Here's drivers side.

And heres passenger side..

12. Likes Uwe liked this post