2016 Tiguan app-connect, bluetooth, navigation not working.

LetGoOfMyLeg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=86586
Hi there,

First post here..; dusting off my vag-com to try to solve a tough problem. Reaching out to this form as I am stuck.. Appreciate any assistace and will be very grateful!

An issue I am having with a new to my wife's Tiguan. Essentially her bluetooth, app-connect, and navigation does not work. One of the error messages is "App-Connect" "You can activate the function by buying an activation key from your VW dealer."

Background - what I have done so far: The dealer I went to - Walker VW in Berlin VT - has never seen this error [Parts dept]. and the fix was regretfully "beyond their scope" [SD not working for navigation] per Andy the service writer. Parts does do not sell activation keys according to Lilly the parts manager. The VW Region Case manager - Sharae W. Could would not assist. Car has 36,200 miles on it so VW of America will not honor the warranty. Side note- 4WD was broken. Evidently that is not covered either under the powertrain warranty. That was fixed for $500

Anyway wife likes the car so its on me to fix it. The fix I believe is
"reinitialization of 5F control module shared keys". Found here: https://imgur.com/a/xx7Zk - Which describes my issue exactly. Can I do this fix with my Vag-Com?

Thoughts?

Thank you

-Nick

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi and welcome to our forum.

Please post an Auto-Scan so that people can see exactly how the vehicle is equipped and configured, and what faults (if any) are present.

-Uwe-

Back