Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Jetta DRL deactivation

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Jetta DRL deactivation

Hello all! New user here. I am inquiring about disabling the DRL on my 2019 Jetta GLI. Any help or guidance in finding this solution is appreciated. Now that I'm approved, I see the Autoscan video, so I'll try my best to post one up soon.

Edit: I WAS able to disable the seatbelt chime and the auto stop start, so that's a plus!

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by kawzx7; 04-25-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris: congratulations on attaining the converted title of "verified VCDS User" and more importantly, welcome to the wonderful world of Long-coding and adaptation channel changes!!! And yes, please post-up an auto-scan so we can all gaze at the type of equipment in your Jetta.

As for your question, there are a couple of ways of deleting DRL function on MQB platform vehicles like the Jetta. Perhaps the most flexible method is to use the MENU function on the MIB screen (the one that sits in the middle of the dash). This method doesn't delete the DRL function per-se - rather it enables the driver to switch-ON/OFF DRL activity whenever desired.

The tweak instructions can be found HERE

Don't be concerned that the instructions are for a Golf mk7. Both cars are build on a MQB platform -so they share the same vehicle DNA

The instructions were written some time ago and in the interim, RT has re-written their software a number of times. Adaptation channels are now reported a little differently and in the latest SW, you will find a nifty search facility after selecting Adaptation-10 in the instructions

So, in the current software, instead of the adaptation channel (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich as per the instructions, look for the channel name ENG141647-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. To do this, just type ENG116594 into the search box and select the down-arrow directly above the search box.

Aslo, another important consideration in this tweak is the crucial question of the legality of turning off DRL where you drive. I'm not sure of the road rules in your country (I have never understood your DoT rules), but it's prudent to understand this point IMO

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe, jyoung8607, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Chris: congratulations on attaining the converted title of "verified VCDS User" and more importantly, welcome to the wonderful world of Long-coding and adaptation channel changes!!! And yes, please post-up an auto-scan so we can all gaze at the type of equipment in your Jetta.

As for your question, there are a couple of ways of deleting DRL function on MQB platform vehicles like the Jetta. Perhaps the most flexible method is to use the MENU function on the MIB screen (the one that sits in the middle of the dash). This method doesn't delete the DRL function per-se - rather it enables the driver to switch-ON/OFF DRL activity whenever desired.

The tweak instructions can be found HERE

Don't be concerned that the instructions are for a Golf mk7. Both cars are build on a MQB platform -so they share the same vehicle DNA

The instructions were written some time ago and in the interim, RT has re-written their software a number of times. Adaptation channels are now reported a little differently and in the latest SW, you will find a nifty search facility after selecting Adaptation-10 in the instructions

So, in the current software, instead of the adaptation channel (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich as per the instructions, look for the channel name ENG141647-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. To do this, just type ENG116594 into the search box and select the down-arrow directly above the search box.

Aslo, another important consideration in this tweak is the crucial question of the legality of turning off DRL where you drive. I'm not sure of the road rules in your country (I have never understood your DoT rules), but it's prudent to understand this point IMO

Don
    Thanks for the welcome! Poor weather and busy week, so no scan last night.

Since I'm still new to this, please tell me where I go in the menu to execute the following "after selecting Adaptation-10 in the instructions

So, in the current software, instead of the adaptation channel (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich as per the instructions, look for the channel name ENG141647-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. To do this, just type ENG116594 into the search box and select the down-arrow directly above the search box."

Looking forward to having fun with you guys! Thanks. And I'm totally legal in Indiana USA.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^ Like this:

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

6. Likes Uwe, Eric, PetrolDave, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^^^^ Like this:

Don
    No joy, my friend. unsuccessful in turning them off using that method of ENG116594. Looks like I'm going to need to get rough with this car.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll up the ante and pay the equivalent of $100 USD or 100 Euros to someone who can help me turn these off! That's what the dealer would charge me if they were willing to do this, which I already know they can, but refuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Make and post an Adaptation Map of your 09-Central Electric module, please.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe. Just found out I cannot autoscan yet. BU chassis not supported yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kawzx7 View Post
    Hi Uwe. Just found out I cannot autoscan yet. BU chassis not supported yet.
    What cable type do you have? HEX-CAN, HEX-V2, HEX-NET,...

2019 chassis need a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET cable.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    What cable type do you have? HEX-CAN, HEX-V2, HEX-NET,...

2019 chassis need a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET cable.
    Hex V2 cable