Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.2 a8 with a clogged dpf

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    engine off and also idling with both the dpf filters still sat in the boot.
    There was no change in the reading in engine ii and the same blocks don't measure the same things in engine 1 (I went right through the range one at a time and couldn't see these values in any blocks)
    this makes me suspect that they are only measured in engine ii
    I monitored these blocks on a long run and they slowly increased but this was to be expected with the engine in limp mode.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    attempt 2 at posting this

I checked these with engine off and also engine idling with no change. This is with both dpf's still in the boot whilst I wait for a ramp at my local garage
    I looked at the measured blocks in engine 1 but I cant see these values or anything similar in it... in fact I went right through all measured blocks in engine 1 looking... all values seem to go back to engine ii in measured blocks from 102 to 106 for temps and pressures and values.
    I monitored these same values on a run before I popped the dpf's off and they slowly increased which I suspected they would bearing in mind its in limp mode

I did try and look in engine other and it wouldn't let me in measured blocks, so I suspect this is a virtual unit as someone above suggested.

thanks for the help Uwe

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP

Don't forget that faulty PSI sensors or lines too the DPF can make the DPF appear in ECU as they are not functioning proper.

Be sure to read SSP

The fact it is on one bank means that something mechanically could be additionally wrong & that should be investigated!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking at the values, bank one was slightly higher than bank 2 so it triggered the error? also bank 1 dpf sensor was suspected to have failed and it has been replaced

interestingly if you look at the full scan theres a bit of stuff down the left of the car that appears to be in fault and I did initially wonder about a bus error but I thought that would affect much more than passenger and rear doors and heaters

the more I look into it, it seems like I've actually cleared the original fault but don't have the ability to reset the ecu values to say it has a new sensor or the dpf has been replaced / cleaned.