Passat B8 Keyless Entry - kessy retrofit

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Shame that according to reports and some threads on here the Golf 8 platform brings with it a diagnostics regime that means making any changes requires a link to the mother ship servers.

Not necessarily during coding but to get the coding key, then for sure.

There are some nice videos which explain the SPD quite good. When we now insert a pre defined key to some modules when doing coding or adaptation, in Golf8 that key is replaced with calculated key that you need from the mothership. That key is valid for x period of time and can be used offline as well.

But in reality, Golf8 pretty much ends the aftermarket and retrofit scheme.

Pumpkin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348055
Now I have 29 units :-D

I must correct my first answer afetr checking....
Need to change kessy unit from 5Q0 to 3Q0 because on 5q0 pinout I did not found rear doors pins
I'm making plug&play adater from t32 to t40 connector for this work....

It's not so simple. I made such an adapter for 3Q0 959 435 L but it doesn't work. There are more connections in the 40pin plug (J623, 3xE378, 3xJ519).

I also want to add the rear door handles (i.e. I already have, but they don't work as they should).
On factory 5Q0 959 435 C module I connected the rear door handles to the front (only touch sensor without antennas) everything works until the engine starts/ignition on or off, after that module 05 sends (I suppose) a test signal and turns off all door handles (sure for safety) (error "Implausable signal"). Then you need to disconnect the rear handle, clear errors and everything returns to normal.

I found information that this signal can be equalized, so module 05 (5Q0 959 435 C) thinks that has only front door handles (as factory)... in fact has 4 door handles.
At the moment I have to check what it measures when it turns off or on - voltage, resistance or something else ?
Also I will want to check what happens when I turn off the safe lock function. Maybe here is the problem. But I would like to leave it to be just like the factory.

I am still looking for solution. If you find something let me know.

BR
Pumpkin

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348055
I have it :thumbs:
Everything works perfectly on the 5Q0 959 435 C module (32pin installation).
4 handles operate without errors.

I will test more tomorrow and let you know if everything is OK :cool:

Pumpkin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348055
Everything tested and no errors.

A friend made for me a small relay, to which the front and rear door handles are connected.

The front door handles work as always. The rear door handles the relay "engages" after about 10 seconds when switching off the ignition and immediately cut off after ignition on.

przekaznik.jpg

Last edited:

VAGParts

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61241
Do you have a list of everything to buy ..?

Mupetti

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=424354
Do you happen to know if kessy module 3Q0 959 435 F is compatible with keyless entry? My 2018 B8 GTE has the keyless start, but I'd like to retrofit keyless entry as well. So would it be enough to switch door handles, add wiring and rear bumber antenna along with some vcds coding?

n4s

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=351319
Everything tested and no errors.

A friend made for me a small relay, to which the front and rear door handles are connected.

The front door handles work as always. The rear door handles the relay "engages" after about 10 seconds when switching off the ignition and immediately cut off after ignition on.

przekaznik.jpg
I'm having the same problems in 5K0. I tried 2 approaches. 5K0 and 5Q0 are same modules, early versions had rear pins, so it's possible to put pins and components in 5Q0 board.

You can see it here using translator

I tried both solutions, in left side module with rear doors. In right side rear connected to front.
130848528_4807180359355740_2295653410657048349_o.jpg

I would like to know, if possible, what adaptations were changed in the passat, maybe that would be enough for me to correct the rear handles error. (the handles work even with error)

Regarding using 4 handles in front pins, I believe handles make some sincronization when car is moving. I also think same happen when battery is disconnected/connected because after doing it, they also stopped working.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Passat with same fault code needed correct paramters and adaptions.

n4s

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=351319
When you say parameters, you mean Dataset? Because I don't remmember any dataset for PQ35. Also this was done with same module in Audi Q3 with same module, so I don't think that dataset might exist.

This is the Q3 I was talking about:

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Dataset exist. Same way it exists for 5q0 and 3q0 modules.
I have a file for 5k0..A(sharan), that was used after 434->434A flash per TPI.

n4s

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=351319
I believe we are not discussing same things. I'm talking about rear handles. Sure datasets exists.

I have retrofited Kessy and Easy Open to my car and used several datasets to achieve the Easy Open. What I mean is PQ35 Dataset that include "Rear Handles", that I think it doesn't exist.
MiAAAgJCleA-960.jpg

Even so I managed to make the rear handles work with the modules that have rear pins (the left scan from previously shared picture) but I always have that error, but all works. If there are some adjustments in adaptations to remove that error, I don't have that info.
The drawback from rear handles configuration instalation, for me, it's not closing mirrors and windows. So the Relay solutions looks great.

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
I believe we are not discussing same things. I'm talking about rear handles. Sure datasets exists.

I have retrofited Kessy and Easy Open to my car and used several datasets to achieve the Easy Open. What I mean is PQ35 Dataset that include "Rear Handles", that I think it doesn't exist.
MiAAAgJCleA-960.jpg

Even so I managed to make the rear handles work with the modules that have rear pins (the left scan from previously shared picture) but I always have that error, but all works. If there are some adjustments in adaptations to remove that error, I don't have that info.
The drawback from rear handles configuration instalation, for me, it's not closing mirrors and windows. So the Relay solutions looks great.
Could you get the Rear Door Handles to Work for closing mirrors and Windows ?

n4s

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=351319
Could you get the Rear Door Handles to Work for closing mirrors and Windows ?
No. In Passt PQ46 you get same behavior, the rear handles don't make comfort operations. Comfort operations are controlled by BCM, so I imagine Kessy module doesn't send Comfort messages to BCM. Maybe there is some bit or channel to discover that enable it...

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
No. In Passt PQ46 you get same behavior, the rear handles don't make comfort operations. Comfort operations are controlled by BCM, so I imagine Kessy module doesn't send Comfort messages to BCM. Maybe there is some bit or channel to discover that enable it...
Dont found a Chanel for this. Then it is Not Public in the chanels,only in the Firmware itself IT can be activated,but the Job to find this......makes No sense

Back