Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CP errors - can this sneaky approach work?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: "dark times"? - not sure why you fear ZEV (Zero Emission Vehicles)? It's the way of the future and like all change processes (it's called "progress"), the only sage response is to embrace the technology.

And, whilst I acknowledge that my knowledge of OBD related stuff pales into insignificance compared to your skills, I'm also not sure why you assume that ZEV and OBD are mutually exclusive (or for that matter - why the two are jointly exhaustive)

Don

EDIT: oops I started writing too soon - b4 Uwe's response. Posted after
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a dark time because I am seeing less and less people entering or that are in this business and completely lost or refusing to embrace new stuff!

I am not afraid of working on anything or the technology, I am afraid of not getting access to the proper repair instructions or tools in a fair manner.

Now again life is not fair and we must improvise & I am saying that people should become more adventurous than just pulling codes or relying on a google search for the magic answer.

If the OEM can in fact lock someone out entirely & if there are no regs to make them disseminate it, than what?

Hopefully we will see the right to repair act soon.

Uwe do you really think you would of had access to an easily had scan tool if there were no regulations?

Case in point, the thread itself & if it was that easy, it would not exist & we would have full access to all the subsystems such as CP & all Immobilizers or special adaption procedures with VCDS now.

Before OBD2 I had the tools and it was not an easy task to get access too!

Johann which you met once, came to this country for two reasons in 1965, to fly/own planes and get access to owning a Porsche and the actual required repair manuals that he could buy & own so he could work on his own cars.

In Germany back then you could not buy such a repair publication!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    It's a dark time because I am seeing less and less people entering or that are in this business and completely lost or refusing to embrace new stuff!
    Totally agree about the lack of skilled people entering the auto business.

For me it's really sad, and dangerous, that so many people are now using (and messing with) technology that they just don't understand (you only have to read some of the dumb things that get posted). I reckon the prediction in the Hith Hikers Guide To The Galaxy that humankind will be wiped out by some innocuous disease because of lack of understanding (Douglas Adams' suggestion of lack of phone sanitisers may be going a bit far though...).

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, FandaTDI, D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Totally agree about the lack of skilled people entering the auto business.................

I reckon the prediction in the Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy that humankind will be wiped out by some innocuous disease because of lack of understanding (Douglas Adams' suggestion of lack of phone sanitisers may be going a bit far though...).
    Dave: My apology, but I couldn't resist making the observation that compared to Jack's feared ZEV vehicles as the portent for "dark times", finding skilled people to service the infinite probability drive (the engine in the un-named space ship in the novel - which I assume didn't have an OBD port) would have been impossible!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)