Thread: What are 8196 Databus errors? (should be verified but don't seem to be)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

What are 8196 Databus errors? (should be verified but don't seem to be)

Firstly should be registered here as i've just registered V18.9 and the hex v2 cable just fine from an official UK reseller..

I have a 2018 model year Skoda Karoq Diesel, confused what the numerous "databus" errors... what do they mean?

Thank you!

Code:
    Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
       Part No SW: 5Q0 614 517 CQ    HW: 5Q0 614 517 AC
       Component: ESC           H25 0423  
       Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 53367000000302
       Coding: 1F078AA134220C6E4778060762CA25F8512C30E26046A4733041F078C202420B000C6212120B095A35351919323200
       Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00144
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB 037009
       ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_037_SK37.rod
       VCID: 025C7FB324849E07889-8056

2 Faults Found:
    8196 - Databus 
              U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
              [FCAN : ACC_10 message is not received]
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 3
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 146
                        Mileage: 3370 km
                        Date: 2019.04.09
                        Time: 22:16:55

16411 - Display for Tire Pressure Monitoring 
              C1146 02 [137] - Signal Failure
              MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 146
                        Mileage: 3370 km
                        Date: 2019.04.09
                        Time: 22:17:07

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Code:
    2 Faults Found:
    8196 - Databus 
    ACC_10 is primarily about forward collision avoidance, so if it were alone, and especially if it came back after clearing (the date stamp is several days ago) I'd say there might be some mismatch in coding between your ABS/ESP and your ACC radar.

But, you mention "numerous" databus errors, so if it's not alone, there is probably something else afoot. Let's see a full unedited Auto-Scan.
    Silence gives consent.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and I should update my laptop date, itís not been turned on for ages. Now being used thanks for vcds👍🏻

So am I right Iím assuming that ďdatabusĒ errors are general communication errors? And this case the Abs module to the radar sensor on the front?

I should have been a bit more specific I have purchased a minor front end damaged karoq and in the process of fixing it. So there are many errors, most of which makes sense (thankfully) as theyíre in boxes in my garage or parts on order.

I was just confused by the databus errors. I was hoping (and confirmed now) is wasnít vcds unable to communicate fully with the vehicle as itís a newish model.

The good news is Iím breathing a huge sigh of relief after an auto scan that there wasnít anything too scary. Once Iím properly verified Iíll post a couple of other not so important question from the scan.

Thank you so much for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Welcome!

Code:
    2 Faults Found:
    8196 - Databus 
    ACC_10 is primarily about forward collision avoidance, so if it were alone, and especially if it came back after clearing (the date stamp is several days ago) I'd say there might be some mismatch in coding between your ABS/ESP and your ACC radar.

But, you mention "numerous" databus errors, so if it's not alone, there is probably something else afoot. Let's see a full unedited Auto-Scan.

5. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalg View Post
    Firstly should be registered here as i've just registered V18.9 and the hex v2 cable just fine from an official UK reseller..
    Registered ~45 minutes before you posted that. Sheesh -- people want everything to happen instantly these days.

You're Verified now.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes jyoung8607, Dalg liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My bad Uwe I imagined it would have been an automatic process. If it needed human input 45 mins is awesome!!! 😉

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My bad Uwe I imagined it would have been an automatic process.
    Nah, our internal systems where product registrations are dealt with have only the loosest connection to the forum software. Tighter integration would (IMO) not be appropriate due to security concerns for our internal customer data.

If it needed human input 45 mins is awesome!!! ��
    Thank you.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once I’m properly verified I’ll post a couple of other not so important question from the scan.
    If you post the full unedited Auto-Scan now we can start helping you with the errors now, no need to wait

11. Likes Eric, jyoung8607, Dalg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and I should update my laptop date, it’s not been turned on for ages. Now being used thanks for vcds����
    That particular date actually comes from the car, but if it's in disarray during repairs, it could easily be off as well.

So am I right I’m assuming that “databus” errors are general communication errors?
    Yes. Each control module wants to hear from its various friends on the CAN bus pretty regularly (many times per second) and from those messages it learns if they are feeling happy about the functions that control module may depend on. You will see faults logged if its friends are feeling sad, or confused, or if they've gone missing entirely.

And this case the Abs module to the radar sensor on the front?
    Yes, ABS and the ACC radar talk frequently. In your case, ABS is expecting to hear a message containing (among other things) the first and second stage forward collision avoidance braking commands sent by the radar in case you're rolling up on something too fast, and it isn't hearing it. That could obviously be explained if the ACC radar is damaged or missing due to your repairs.

I should have been a bit more specific I have purchased a minor front end damaged karoq and in the process of fixing it. So there are many errors, most of which makes sense (thankfully) as they’re in boxes in my garage or parts on order.
    Well that would be a forward collision avoidance problem of an entirely different sort.

I was just confused by the databus errors. I was hoping (and confirmed now) is wasn’t vcds unable to communicate fully with the vehicle as it’s a newish model.
    Your new HEX-V2 will talk to just about anything supported by VCDS, except Lamborghini.

The good news is I’m breathing a huge sigh of relief after an auto scan that there wasn’t anything too scary. Once I’m properly verified I’ll post a couple of other not so important question from the scan.

Thank you so much for your time!
    Please do, and you're welcome.
    Silence gives consent.

13. Likes Uwe, Eric, Dalg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since the OP has started a new thread in the Car Repair section, I'm closing this one.

Continued here:
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?18283

-Uwe-