Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Skoda Citigo MFSW retrofit

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like

2014 Skoda Citigo MFSW retrofit

Hello everybody, this is my first post here. I was directed here from a different forum as I was told I may get some support here.

I do not own a VCDS software, my autoscan is a courtesy of my mechanic.

I own a 2014 Skoda Citigo Greentech and after doing some research I've decided to add MFSW to my car. I have resourced right buttons for my citigo (VAG #5E0 919 719 C) as I wanted to keep things as original as possible, Citigo's only had buttons on one side when fitted at the factory - to my knowledge at least. I have followed fitting instructions from Polo's Forum. Ive added LIN wire and +12V to the steering wheel...

Unfortunetly, I have stumbled across an unexpected issue, my BCM doesnt have a required PIN at all. yes, I've discovered it when was struggling to add LIN wire to the T73b/17 connector. In my case, this PIN doesnt exist on the BCM its unassigned/empty.

Accordingly to car specific pin assigment diagram T73b/17 shows as unassigned where t73b/24 is described as 'LIN 2 Roof' and it is on the BCM. What is more interesting, on actual wiring diagrams for this car it shows that MFSW should be connected to T73b/17... very confusing.

To the point, question to the guys with know-how, will it make any difference if I would connect it to T73b/24 or should I start looking for new BCM. If so, which modules I should be looking for?

My apologies for creating new thread but as Im NOT verified member I could not continue on THIS THREAD

Your wisdom will be much appreciated...

Code:
    Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-15-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsigo2pl View Post
    I do not own a VCDS software, my autoscan is a courtesy of my mechanic.
    If the fact that he uses cloned tools is any indication of the quality of his work, you should probably find a different mechanic.

In any case, getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system. They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php#uk

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    If the fact that he uses cloned tools is any indication of the quality of his work, you should probably find a different mechanic.

-Uwe-
    I can only say, that as a legitimate business they shouldn't be doing so. Nevertheless, it's bit harsh to take it on me as how should I know if the given workshop uses a legitimate software?

I came here for help and advice not to be scrutinised because of someone's negligence of copyrights. As customer of this mechanic I don't judge him by the tools he uses but by quality of his work. As a customer of this workshop, never had any problems with their services.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Support is reserved for users of genuine VCDS systems. Arriving with data gleaned by using cloned systems and software is unlikely to end with much help. If you had a legitimate scan then your situation would doubtless be different.

Do you have access to a genuine scan from a genuine tool?

6. Likes Uwe, myounus liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Do you have access to a genuine scan from a genuine tool?
    Are You saying I need to ask people at the workshops if they are running legitimate software before obtaining autoscan?

You know the reply, they all will say "yes, of course we use legitimate copy". I will end up paying the man for doing autoscan, will post it here, just to find out it was not legitimate copy... and later, try to ask for the refund

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Essentially, yes. If you have a genuine autoscan then you're more likely to get the assistance you want. If you return with more fakes then no dice.

Or you could remove all doubt and buy the tool yourself. It's not a waste of money, more an investment.

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Essentially, yes.(...)Or you could remove all doubt and buy the tool yourself.
    I do understand, that these are house rules to have a legitimate copy in order to get ANY support but suggesting that I should question every workshop I go to "if they're using legitimate software" or invest in a software just to post an ONE AUTOSCAN and to please some people here...

and regardless if I have software or not, my question is completely irrevelant to the software itself...

I signed up here to get support from people who can shed some light on my problem and not suggest to find a workshop with a legitimate software...

oh, would You like my post code, so You can point me to the nearest garage with legitimate VCDS so I will avoid posting another "fake" scan and embarassing myself as they all will say "of course we have"...

Thank You all

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't need to be a garage to have an autoscan done, anyone with a genuine VCDS would probably do it for you. In fact if you're near North Yorks pop in and I'll do it for you for free. Well, as long as you tell me which garage is using dodgy stolen software...

11. Likes Uwe, myounus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsigo2pl View Post
    I can only say, that as a legitimate business they shouldn't be doing so. Nevertheless, it's bit harsh to take it on me as how should I know if the given workshop uses a legitimate software?
    Actually, I'm being fairly gentle with you. Most people who post data from clone/pirate systems here immediately get branded as pirates and their threads get moved to the Hall of Shame.

There are 16 or so people at Ross-Tech, plus others at our distributors, who make their living with this product. Hopefully you can understand why we will not help someone who comes here with data from a pirated version.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I stated in previous posts, I do understand the house rules and I dont agree with software piracy neither.

@Uwe I much apreciate not being moved to the Hall of Shame but as explained I was completely unaware of garage not using a legitimate soft. I would not be so stupid to post "fake" scan knowing its a dodgy one.

@Viking I do apreciate Your offer however You are mere 240 miles away from me lol