2008 Audi TT Mk2 3.2l roadster, magnetic ride control

mrehorst

Reaction score
It's up to almost 100k miles and I've had little trouble so far, but the shocks need replacement. They are the magnetic ride control type. The car is still nice, but not worth sinking $4k into replacing the shocks at a dealer, or even $2k to order the factory parts, so I want to DIY it with some Bilstein B6 shocks. That means I need to disable the car's warnings about the magnetic ride control. Is that something I'll be able to do via VCDS? I'm looking at alternatives, too- KW makes a $300-400 kit to fool the magnetic ride control computer that it still has magnetic ride...

The air bag warning light recently turned on, and I'm going to want to reset that once I clean the connector contacts (which seems like the most likely problem, based on posts to other internet forums).

Finally, the bluetooth connection chime has been a major annoyance from day one. It blasts through the sound system at an ear-splitting level. It's so bad I don't use bluetooth unless I absolutely have to. Is there a way to reduce the volume level of that chime signal via VCDS?

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That means I need to disable the car's warnings about the magnetic ride control. Is that something I'll be able to do via VCDS?
Unclear. It depends what other things modules get data from that system. For example, it's possible that the Headlight Range controller gets ride height information from the suspension module rather than the dedicated sensors that the car would have if a lesser suspension was installed. I don't know the TT well enough to be sure.

The air bag warning light recently turned on, and I'm going to want to reset that once I clean the connector contacts (which seems like the most likely problem, based on posts to other internet forums).
VCDS can certainly help trouble-shoot that.

Finally, the bluetooth connection chime has been a major annoyance from day one. It blasts through the sound system at an ear-splitting level. It's so bad I don't use bluetooth unless I absolutely have to. Is there a way to reduce the volume level of that chime signal via VCDS?
I think so, but I'm not certain.

-Uwe-

mrehorst

Reaction score
Thanks! I've had trouble with the top flap mechanism a couple times. It looks like troubleshooting that is pretty easy when you have the ability to read the codes and then reset them when the problem has been fixed. I'll be ordering...

I'll be getting the KW V1 kit that comes with the magnetic ride cancellation dongles, and it looks like there will have to be some controller tweaking after new shocks are installed in case the ride height changes- that affects headlamp aim, etc.

Back