VIN Count Bug?

PhilM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357750
I have a 10 VIN Hex-V2 interface and have registered two VINs against it.

This shows fine when you go to the interface config sheet (see photo below, reads “VINs stored: 2”.

However on the much easier to access About screen it shows “VIN(s) used: 1/10”.

So it appears the about screen has a bug showing n-1 for the VIN count? Is this just my software (latest?) or is it a thing?

Also, as a suggestion for these VIN limited interfaces it would be great if on a screen somewhere you could click it and see a table of the registered VINs for that interface; ideally with a box or two to store notes/information against each entry such as “License Plate” and “Comments”.

It would allow us to keep track of what VINs we have registered and who’s vehicles etc they are for our own notes?

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Strange, I've not seen any other reports like that.

Please try deleting the files D1, D2, D3, and D4.BIN in your VCDS folder. Then connect your interface and do [Options] -> [Test] -> [OK] -> [Save] -> [About] in VCDS to refresh all the data on the About screen.

Also, as a suggestion for these VIN limited interfaces it would be great if on a screen somewhere you could click it and see a table of the registered VINs for that interface; ideally with a box or two to store notes/information against each entry such as “License Plate” and “Comments”.
There are some privacy concerns with this -- not while you own the interface, but if/when you resell it. The registration data can be changed, but VINs cannot be once they've been stored.

Now whenever you store a VIN in the interface, current versions VCDS do generate a log file of that. I believe it's in the Debug sub-folder. Have a look there please.

-Uwe-

PhilM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357750
Please try deleting the files D1, D2, D3, and D4.BIN in your VCDS folder.

That worked a treat, the about screen now matches the config screen with 2/10 used.

Many thanks!

Back